FIVE

Jazmine's POV

I lifted my phone gazing at the time as my patience continued to dissolve with each passing second.

2:22 P.M

A small yawn left me as I quickly realised that I had been in the hospital parking lot waiting for his arrival for over an hour, and the knowledge only served as a multiplier for my already present frustration which was fueled by my lack of sleep.

I had stayed at the club last night until the event that was taking place was over, and I was now left to slowly regret it since my body was burdened with the effects of exhaustion.

Exhaustion that had only increased throughout my day since my schedule was still packed with things I had postponed for my 'friendly date' with Brittany last week, which in the end had to be put off since she was busy with work but a part of me could sense her hesitancy to go out with me.

Especially since I haven't heard from her in the last couple of days despite my attempts to get in contact.

I turned off my phone, putting it away as I redirected my gaze to the entrance of the building in hopes of seeing his incoming figure, but once again I was left disappointed.

My mind offered the option of calling him and I was about to, but a known face had me changing my plans as I placed my palm flat against the wheel before pressing my horn twice.

I sent down my window watching as she directed her gaze towards my vehicle, and a small sense of realisation drowned her eyes before she made her way towards me.

"I'm surprised you remember me" I announced and she smiled transferring her duffle bag from her left hand to her right.

"Why would you think I didn't?"

"Because I haven't gotten a callback," I explained and she hummed leaving me to gaze at her amused but hesitant expression.

"Listen, before this goes any further you should know I have a three-year-old daughter" She pointed out and I could tell she had only placed the reality before me in hopes of me losing interest.

I shifted in my seat to face the door in an attempt to allow my body language to voice my interest in her as well as our current exchange.

"Can I take you out tonight?" I asked and she smiled while releasing a sigh in the same breath.

"Are you serious?"

"I am"

"I'll text you Jazmine" She promised, leaving a smile on my face as she walked off, and I allowed my gaze to linger on her for a split second as my phone began to ring beside me.

I reached over to lift the device as I sent up my window blocking out the rays of the sun.

Jeremiah.

I answered the phone trying my best to suppress my irritation as I placed it to my ear.

"Where are you?" I questioned immediately.

"I'm in traffic,"

"So why did you tell me to meet you here if you aren't here yet?" I asked since I could be attending to other important matters right now.

"I'm sorry I didn't expect the traffic," He explained, making me sigh.

"But the place is worth it, it may need some renovations and updated technology but it's worth it," He added when I offered nothing but silence.

"Give me an estimation on how much Spain and I would be spending," I instructed as I started my car, allowing the cool air from the A/C unit to greet my vessel.

"Uhm, they are selling it pretty cheap you know that, so for renovations and the updated tech, Imma say, one hundred mil give or take," He expressed as I placed the vehicle in reverse.

"Is the asking price included in that?"

"No, just the estimated cost of the renovation and tech,"

"Okay, can you meet me and Spain between now and next week?"

"Yeah,"

"Alright, Imma talk to Spain and get a specific date as soon as I can, but keep your schedule open,"

"Okay, and by the way, it's also short on staff,"

"That's no problem," I told him knowing that the kids Spain and I helped out who pursued something in the medical field were going to be in need of jobs.

"Alright," He replied and I ended the call before quickly dialling Spain's number as I backed out of the parking spot.

"Yow," He answered after a few seconds of continuous ringing and I quickly placed the phone on speaker while driving off.

"I just spoke to Jeremiah, and he's saying it's going to cost a hundred mil give or take,"

"Okay," He expressed.

"You good with that?"

"Yeah, are we going to be expanding?" He asked as I turned onto the street.

"Shit, I would hope so," I responded, making him laugh.

"When we meeting up with him?"

"Ah, let me know when you're free and I'll try and match it,"

"Alright, Imma check my schedule and let you know,"

"Stay safe bro,"

"You too," He returned and I ended the call while turning into the gas station with the knowledge that what was left in the tank couldn't take me through today.

-