TEN

Jazmine's POV

I sat down on the park bench gazing at her as she moved over to the hotdog stand a few steps away to collect our previously made order.

This would be my third time seeing her in the last three weeks, two of which were at the Cafe on her lunch break since she had work and spent most of her free time with her daughter, which I understood completely.

I planted my orbs on her, leaving them to bear a sense of appreciation as she began to return her perfectly sculpted vessel to my presence.

"Here you go" She announced as she stretched her hand towards me and I took the hotdog, allowing the sight to pull my hunger awake.

"Are you seriously going to eat a plain hotdog?" She asked, cringing as she took the spot beside me sitting down.

"No," I replied as I reached into my bag pulling out my bottled pepper.

"Are you serious?" She questioned laughing as I began putting the pepper on the hotdog.

"You're the one with mayo on yours" I pointed out in disgust.

"Nothing is wrong with mayo"

"It's basically watered down sperm" I joked earning another laugh from her as I returned my pepper to my bag before taking a bite of my hotdog.

"Speaking of sperm I-"

"Speaking of sperm, that's how you want to start your sentence?" I asked amused and she elbowed me softly.

"I didn't know Doctor Johnson was your brother" She announced and I nodded as I continued to chew my food.

"Should I be concerned that sperm made you think of my older brother?" I asked and she rolled her eyes playfully, making me smile.

"Yeah sadly he is, have you met him?" I inquired.

"Yeah once, and I also found out you're the one that bought the hospital" She confessed

"Yeah, my brother asked me to,"

"So that's why you were interrogating me a couple of weeks ago?" She asked and I smiled looking at her.

"Yes, and where did you get all this information from?"

"My friend who works at the hospital"

"So your friend is the workplace gossiper isn't she?" I asked and she laughed letting me know I was right.

"She's just well informed,"

-

I walked into my living room unbuttoning my tailored jacket as my gaze landed on Spain and my brother Jeremiah who were both busy drinking up all my liquor.

"How are things at the hospital?" I questioned directing my words towards Jeremiah as I grabbed the remote, turning down the volume of the television.

"Good, very good but it could use a little renovation" He announced looking at me and I released a small laugh.

"Buying the place wasn't enough for you?" I asked as I returned the remote to the coffee table and he smiled.

"It needs a renovation"

"You would think she's the older one" Spain voiced smiling and I lifted my glass of liquor in his direction silently agreeing.

"We agreed that Spain and I would purchase it and you would take care of the initial renovations," I added in hopes of re-jogging his memory.

"I'll repay you" Jeremiah promised, making me laugh.

"We both know you don't have the funds for that, but since the building is in my name perhaps it is my duty to make sure everything is up to date and in the place" I reasoned wordlessly agreeing to do renovations as a knock sounded on the door.

"That must be the delivery guy with the food" I pointed out ready to move off but Jeremiah stopped me standing up.

"I'll get it"

"It's the least you could do after emptying my pockets" I joked, making him smile as he walked away.

"I still can't believe it sometimes" Spain mumbled and I frowned confused.

"What him abusing his family status?"

"No, that we can afford to do shit like this" He corrected the amusement still present in his voice from the comment I made earlier.

"It is surreal"

"Who would've thought that you helping me unload a quarter ounce would lead to this,"

"Definitely not me," I mumbled truthfully emptying my glass as Jeremiah returned placing the three boxes on the coffee table.

"Which is which?" He questioned.

"The wings are mine" I replied as my phone began ringing and I dismissed myself immediately making my way to the kitchen, only to miss it by a second.

I lifted the device gazing down at the missed call from Brittany, which was rare these days since she had been ghosting me for the past five days.

I sighed suppressing my pride as I redialled her number placing the phone to my ear.

It rang twice before the call connected, the noise sounding in the background letting me know she was still at work.

"Are you okay?" I asked after a short-lived second.

"Yeah, am I interrupting som-"

"No, no you're not" I interjected as I sat on a stool facing the kitchen island.

"I just wanted to know if you were free later" She confessed as if she hadn't been ignoring me for the past five days.

"Today is Friday,"

"Yeah I know"

"You're not usually free on Fridays" I pointed out.

"I know but I moved some things around" She explained, and a huge part of me desperately wanted to see her despite her inconsistency.

It was just something about her that attracted my entire being and I could only hope it wouldn't become my downfall.

"Yeah I'm free, what do you want to do?"

"I don't know, I didn't think that far ahead" She replied amused, making me chuckle.

"I have a nice view of the city at my place, we could order some food and just talk"

"Okay, just send me your address"

"No, send me yours, I'll come and pick you up" I offered and she hummed as if she was thinking it over.

"I'm not sure, Nia always tells me to drive myself" She announced, making me smile, as I remembered the name she mentioned being her close friend's.

"And why is that?"

"One, so I can leave when I want to, and two, just in case you're like a rapist or something" She explained her words amusing me.

"Do I look like a rapist?"

"No but you can never tell, look at Ted Bundy for instance"

"Who?"

"Ted Bundy, he was a serial killer,"

"What?"

"You don't know who Ted Bundy is?" She asked in disbelief as if my lack of knowledge of man was disrespectful.

"It's starting to seem like I should be the one taking Nia's advice," I joked, earning a small laugh from her.

"Its-" She started but stopped as a muffled conversation ran along the line.

"I have to go," She announced seconds later.

"Okay stay safe," I stated and she ended the call.

I sighed getting up with my phone in hand as I moved back to the living room meeting both their questioning gazes.

"Who was that?" Spain asked as my phone dinged and I opened it going to her chat finding her address, the small gesture making me smile.

"Nobody you know,"

-