26: What Remains?

Mikey gulps, one turn and the knife will pierce through his neck. So he doesn't move, looks down at your hand on his waist that made him feel hot for some reason. A question about what's his reason on being here has been asked again. He recognize that voice so much, holding an anger in it, just like he heard last time.

"Nara..." Mikey breathlessly said that urges you the bring the knife closer to his neck, creating a small cut on his skin.

Your eyes inspects and is flabbergasted to see that he got no weapons, in his pocket you saw his motor's key, rolling your eyes when you see that he still kept the small keychain you gave to him along with it.

"The fuck, you got no guns or something?" You put throw the knife away and stand infront of him.

Before the Bonten leader could ever utter a word, you kicked his balls impulsively that made him down on his knees.

"Fuck" Mikey muttered, damn it did hurt, he would rather want to be shot than going through immense pain like this— his fucking balls because of you.

"How did you find me?"

"Connections"

"God fucking damn it, you hired a spy for me didn't you?"

Mikey bit his lips, quite ashamed because you figure it out surprisingly quick.

"...Yeah"

"You really want me to kill you, Manjiro?" Mikey looks up and takes in, your voice, your stare, your existence alone.

Fuck

Fuck Fuck Fuck

Beautiful. So damn beautiful is what you just are to the crime lord of this country.

"Your executives been annoying, you know? Buzzing off here and there, guess they take that shitty attitude of theirs to the leader himself" You walked towards him, squats down and grip his weirdly fluffy white hair.

Both of your faces are so near, Mikey can feel your hot breath. "Say Mikey, you're so fucking confusing"

His heart then skipped a beat. Then beats so fucking fast. Annoying, annoying, annoying. He's dazed because of you being annoying. He's feeling dizzy because you're so annoying,

He is feels fragile right now because of you

"Y/N" Mikey closes the gap between his and yours,

You widen your eyes. His eyes were usually dark, but is shallow. His expression shows longing, did he long for you?

Or did he long to kill you?

"Please," He whispered, feeling the fire in his throat, his dizziness is getting worst than ever.

"Kill me"

You gritted your teeth by that and immediately slapped him. Standing up properly to back away, Mikey was silent after your slap.

"I don't play with shitty tricks in my sleeves and unfairness, Manjiro"

"You're pathetic for a Bonten leader. To show yourself to me, who is a mere old friend with no status like yours, being powerless and plain stupid angers me more"

"Put your shit together and make yourself worthy as my enemy" Mikey widens his eyes

"You're always a worthy enemy to me, but right now, for you to come here and expect me to kill you after you asked, as if you're asking for a pretty fucking easy favor— you're fucking lower than a mud" You were seething, seeing red, unable to control your emotions.

Mikey shows up and did not put up a fight, you kicked his balls then him asking to kill you seems like he accepts his defeat. It seems like he's proving wrong to whatever you thought of him being merciless, a king who cares not a bit to people even at the same status for him. Does he not value his life at all?

You hate him for being pathetic like this

You hate him for killing not only your friends, but his also as if they're just insects to him

You hate him for accepting to fall in the pits of darkness

You hate him for looking at you as if you were his only hope

Without even noticing, your tears started to pour. Tears you held, as if someone just said to let those heavy things, it just poured. You didn't even held back a sob.

"Fuck you" You said, Mikey remains to look down, still on his knees unable to move. Dumb, he thinks he's really dumb. To ever see you randomly at 3 am, wanting to touch you, to make things right when the damage is already hopeless.

"Why Manjiro?" Your voice broke

"What did Draken even do to you?"

"What did Pah do? Mitsuya? Kazutora? Even Takemichi, what did they fucking do to you?" You can feel yourself shaking.

"We're your friends," Mikey clenches his fist

"Your goddamn family, we all loved you, we love you seeing at the top... leading us... be the one who protects us as we protect you also with the gang we built together" You grabbed his collar making him look at you

"Why... why do you keep destroying us?"

"You... you're at the top, having numerous dead bodies in order for you to be there. When we're just supposed to be here, carrying you to see the view of the world we're going to own. Without destroying yourself, without drowning in that fucking darkness"

You both know that if Mikey used his strength, you will be instantly killed. You accepted death already, more even now, because in that way his face will be the last face you'll ever saw. But he listened to your words instead. Letting his regret, his guilt, and his anger for himself locked in a cage be free.

Ever the Invincible Mikey, have its day where he can show emotions.

Weakness. It's you.

His vulnerability appearing right infront of you shocks your mind to the core. His cold hands gently puts your hands down.

"I loved you" Mikey breathes out

"I was a fool to think that i was once the boy who you loved, who can correct and solve things up with just a simple sorry and effort" He smiled bitterly. Looking down at your hands, tracing small shapes that he knew can help you to calm down.

"The next time you'll see me is where our final battle will start" He added

"And by the second i hesitated to fight you anymore," Mikey gives you a knife was wrapped with a black handkerchief. Gold, your favorite.

"Kill me with this" Mikey smiled, in your eyes appears his genuine one.

"Take your revenge and be the one who will end my life, Y/N."