27: Crimson

"Bonten had a meeting today" You stopped cutting your apples as Kakucho is giving his report again.

"It's about you" Then all gaze are on you who shrugs

"Not surprised. I met Mikey yesterday"

Well that wasn't the answer they were expecting. Mikey? Meeting you? First thought that came to mind is how they— Hanma, Hiro and Inui didn't heard a single thing because surely a fight will occur. Second of all, why? What's Mikey's intention? Meeting you at times like this?

"So that's why Sanzu's been frantic this morning. According to Mikey's guards, boss went somewhere without a word"

Hanma butts in, "The fuck? He was here?"

Mikey's eyes suddenly flashes in your mind. His desperate voice and scent what keeps you awake. It opens up a wound that is not even healed. It rubs your soul dangerously.

"So? Did you fight him?" Inui asks and you nod.

"A little but he's just giving me a short visit and offer a way to kill him, that's all" And the knife you're using to cut the apples is what he offered to you.

None of them dared to speak as your eyes out of the blue observe each and everyone of them. They suddenly felt uneasy and nervous under your gaze, you can tell. Hell, you can be terribly intimidating when you're serious. You're usually joking around at this hour but it looks like Mikey sours your mood that bad.

"Have any of you contacted Naoto?"

"Yeah, he was staying low as of now since Bonten are searching for him ever since you step a foot in this city" Hiro said and you nod.

"So they did find out that he's in contact me back then" You turn to Hanma,

"The files and evidences?"

"All done~ just a word from you and the world will turn upside down"

Then your eyes turns to Inui, "The weapons?"

"It's ready. We're able to use it well thanks to this guy right here" Inui pointed at Kakucho who sighs

"So everything is set" You munch the apple and throw your head back.

"Say, did they expect us to attack during the ball?" Kakucho nods

"Yeah, they've been expecting your appearance. Going through the guards and other men under Bonten would be very hard but i can take care of that. Since it's a ball for a business partner, it would be very strict especially when many visitors are invited to such event"

"I see"

As of now, they can't tell what you're thinking at all. You're not showing your usual emotions, excitement— just pure monotone at dull. Quiet. It's so strange to see you this quiet.

You look down to the knife, it always grab your attention. It's beautiful, the gold shines for your eyes. This knife can kill Mikey— this knife can end your nightmare and change your life.

Then you watch, you watch how the knife Mikey gave you pierce through your skin, a large cut been made with no hesitation and blood, slowly flows to the gold and fell as the scarlet droplets of you mix with the glass full of water.

This shocks and creeps out the other men who watches you do such thing. They wince as the cut looked really really painful.

"I don't care how you'll fight each executives nor do i give a shit about what you're planning to do once we get there" The blood reaches your arms

"As long as you defeat them and get out of there, alive, to expose every inch of Bonten and its rats identity is fine by me. Live for another day, that's all i ask for. Naoto will be waiting for you at the edge of how will this battle end"

You look at them one by one, making sure they're taking in every word you're saying.

"If you see one of us caught up in such mess, ignore and leave them. If you see one of us on the verge of death, continue. If you see one of us betraying, kill them with no hesitation"  Your tone is firm and sure.

"The most dangerous criminal organization is what we're facing here. We don't need to care for each other and slow each other down as long as we're doing the job we discussed earlier along with our plan successfully" You stand up and put up the hand with a cut

"This cut is the symbol of my trust to each and every single one of you right infront of me"

"Be alive. Show them no mercy" Your eyes darkens

"Sano Manjiro is mine to fight and to kill"

And as your blood rains to the ground—

"Tomorrow, Bonten will fall"

___________

hello! since this book is near to its end, i decided to publish a new book (actually i published it already last month) but yeah! the title of the book is "out of the blue" if i remember it correctly, i posted two chapters already for that! ♡︎

that's all, thank you so much for reading! see you on the next chapter!

—   arcsnzu