CHAPTER 6

YOU WERE LAYING IN YOUR BED WHEN YOUR PHONE DINGS.

unknown
uh, hey
it's the guy who
wanted your number🧍

y/n saiki
oh, hey.
nice to meet you.

unknown
yeah, you too.
my name is iwaizumi hajime.

y/n saiki
y/n saiki.
you were the guy
with the spiky hair
right?

"holy shit." iwaizumi didn't care she was dry. he felt she was special in some way. but what he was doing was freaking out about was the fact she knew him. which means she was checking him out too. that could be a possibility.

unknown
yeah, that's me.
just to make sure, you're
the one who had the h/c hair?

y/n saiki
yeah.

unknown
good, i just thought
you were cute.

now what could you say. if you said he was cute too, he would get the wrong idea. but if you said a bland response such as "cool" you would come off as rude. but you didn't really care about that, but he could talk and your reputation would be lower than average.

PSYCHIC ABILITY- FAVORABILITY METER:
a form of telepathy: the ability to quantify relationships with different people or a group. actions change it, it can go up or down. the average is 40-50.

that would lead to snarls and whispers in your direction. maybe even bullying. which would cause attention.

y/n saiki
thank you.
but i have to do hw.
so i'll ttyl.

unknown
okay, gn :)

y/n saiki
gn iwaizumi.

iwaizumi was giddy. he had a dorky smile on his face as he looked through the texts you had sent him. it was a simple conversation, but why did it make his heart flutter?

LOVE INTEREST UNLOCKED
IWAIZUMI HAJIME

you knew you couldn't just block him and never see him again. based on your telepathy, you knew he was apart of seijoh's volleyball team. and since you were now apart of a team, you were bound to see him again.

you sigh out loud, getting up from your bed and going to your desk, you pull out the chair and start to do your homework.

you hear a knock at your door, "come in."

"hey."

"did you need something?"

"check this out." he walks towards you and pulls out a ring, "it blocks telepathy."

"how?"

"i don't know, but it's made out of germanium."

you touch the ring and all of a sudden, your mind went silent, "it's peaceful." you smile a little.

"yeah, but it's scary."