CHAPTER 7

IT was one more day until the training camp. you were currently in the gym, seeing the others playing a three on three.

tsukishima was right next to you on the bench and took glances at you every now and then.

nishinoya saw this and smirked, "got a crush on the goddess y/n, tsukishima?"

"you're comprehension and over all common sense is piss poor."

"how dare you say we piss on the poor!"

"what-"

'someone save me from this hell.' you thought to yourself and wanted to sigh out loud.

ever since you joined the volleyball team, you felt you were losing brain cells.

"y/n!" you look up to hinata, signaling him to continue, "did you see that spike?!"

you nodded.

"it was so cool right?! it went BAM and then WHOOSH!" he threw his hands up in the air.

"boke! come back!"

"shut up bakageyama! i'm trying to talk to y/n!" hinata stuck his tongue out at kageyama.

kageyama started chasing him around and you just watched as you sighed out loud this time.

"you okay y/n?" you turn to see sugawara.

"mhm." you nod.

"you sighed, so i was wondering." he took a seat beside you.

"i'm fine, suga-senpai."

"oh no! just suga is fine!" he waves his hands and you nod.

you stare back at the court, but suga kept his eyes on you.

your h/c hair glowing in the afternoon light coming from the windows of the gym. the way your e/c eyes shimmered when the sun hit it just right. your lips... they looked so soft. you were a true beauty. it was just like tanaka and nishinoya said, you were truly a goddess.

LOVE INTEREST UNLOCKED
SUGAWARA KOUSHI

you knew suga was staring at you, and you knew about his thoughts of calling you pretty. and it was a little nerve wracking because you were scared he would turn into another man who had a crush on you. you already had more than one, but the one you are worrying about is iwaizumi, and now suga is one too.

'why can't i be average. god, why do this to me?' you question, knowing no one will answer.

you look at him and lock eyes with him and he turns away embarrassed that you caught him.

"so uh, y/n..." sugawara trails off and looks to the side, avoiding eye contact.

"hm?" you hum.

'oh god, he's gonna ask me out.' you already knew what was going to happen based on his thoughts. so you had to think fast. you couldn't turn him down, it would be awkward, and he would probably tell the team.

'y/n is hurt!' you send bug news to the team.

PSYCHIC ABILITY: BUG NEWS- a form of telepathy. it allows the user to send a broadcast of thoughts to people around them.

"Y/N!!!!" you heard the team scream your name and you immediately regret it.

'i should've just turned him down.'

~~~

walking back with the team wasn't too bad. they bought you a meat bun and you decided to save it for your brother.

but what you didn't expect was for them to drop you off and see nendou and kaidou.

'kusuo.'

'i already know, i don't want to come down.'

you smile internally at his childishness.

"y/n!!" kaidou sees you and blushes, "h-h-how are you?" he rubs the back of his neck and you shrug your shoulders.

"y/n, you know this guy?" daichi puts a hand on your shoulder in a protective manner.

you nod and he looks at them with narrowed eyes.

"hey buddy!" nendou just noticed you. he went up to you and wrapped his arms around you, "how ya doing pal?"

"oi! get your hands off our goddess!" tanaka screeches and puts his fist up, "i don't care if you look scary as hell! i'll scramble you like an egg!"

"tanaka!" sugawara chops his head."

"hello nendou."

"hey pal! i missed you!" he swings you around.

"mhm."

"well uh, we better go..." kaidou started to get scared at all the people around him, especially the one who challenged nendou, "bye!" he ran away with nendou.

you just stared and sighed, you waved goodbye and walked in your house. you closed the door and immediately your mother came from around the corner.

"oh my goodness n/n! who were those handsome boys!"

"the volleyball club."

"and you're going on a training camp with them tomorrow morning!!! oh my! my little girl is all grown up!" she wipes a tear from her eye.

you want to roll your eyes, but you don't even do it internally. your mother has good intentions for what she says to you and kusuo.

"why don't you invite them over sometime?" she claps her hands with a smile."

'oh no.'