Chapter 2 : misunderstandings, conversations, and introduction

Hayashida's P.O.V

~An Hour Ago~

"I'm screwed if I don't get stable income..."

Sighing I keep walking around the place while thinking of a way to get money, since this world is basically the same as my own world, maybe I can just get a part time job, a normal job would be easier if I had a school certificate, but I don't have it right now, since, you know, I'm dead.

My body is the same, though its probably younger than my original body, I'm a bit shorter than before, but I don't look all that different, so I'm probably in my 17 or 16 year old body, I can probably pose as a high school student but since I don't have any documents about my previous schools, or even parents, it looks impossible right now.

Groaning to myself and stretching my hands in the air, I listened to my voice and I notice something strange, its more... softer, and also higher pitched, I swear even back when I was in puberty my voice was low, like baritone low, and now it sounds like the complete opposite of that.

I walk up to a nearby clothing shop and look at the window outside, trying to get a good look at my face, I see a young androgynous man with fluffy hair and tired looking eyes, I touch my face and feel my skin, it was smoother than I remember.

It seems that, with my different voice, and reverse aging, my face and body have changed as well, overall I look the same as myself back then, but looking closely, everything seems different, but the same.

"Whatever, it's just going to confuse me more"

Moving away from the mirror, a sharp sound hits my ears, I flinch and cover my ears from the sound, it was loud and sounded like it was from a siren, I look around me and see people running to specific locations, looking at the end of their destination, I see them running to the bunkers I passed before.

I stood confused thinking about what to do, but since my ability means I can go to another dimension, I was pretty relaxed for this situation, I learned how to go into the mirror dimension from Ambriel back in the mirror dimension while talking about other stuff, I just have to touch a mirror and push a bit harder while thinking about going there.

I hid nearby an alleyway and waited for the people to leave, while waiting, I hear the siren saying something about a spacequake, I don't know what it means but its probably some type of earthquake right?

After I see that there's no more people, I get out of the alleyway, and put up my hoodie more to cover my face, I don't want people to think I'm a suspicious person, walking around while a potential earthquake was gonna happen.

As I walked, the mirror on my necklace suddenly moved around trying to get out of my hoodie, I take the necklace out and the mirror got bigger and the chain also disappeared, the mirror rotates around and spins around me.

"So partner! how was it! was this town the place your looking for? also, where did everyone go? I came out since its so quiet, did I go out at a bad time?"

Ambriel turns back and immediately asks me questions, I walk the empty streets while answering its questions, apparently, while Ambriel was in the necklace form, it can still hear, see, and sense the world around it, though it looks like its not doing anything, it seems to be doing other things while being a necklace.

Walking around the town while talking to Ambriel, Ambriel suddenly stopped midair and looks at me.

"Partner, we need to take cover, quickly get in the mirror dimension"

Ambriel looks at me and flies near me, I think about the sudden urgency from Ambriel, but pushed it aside for now and went into the mirror dimension through Ambriel, as I went into the mirror dimension, Ambriel told me to follow it, as Ambriel flies faster and faster, I start running to follow suite.