Chapter 25 : Partner, Adeptus 3, Chaos

There was a prophecy.

In a small little unknown village.

A crying child shall give the people around him joy.

Through his death

The people hated him, loathed him, all in the hopes that the child would have more negative energy for the sacrifice.

The child hated his life, his mother was killed, his father was hanged, and his adoptive parents were abusive towards him.

How sad...

How very sad...

However.

One day, a man visited the quiet little village, the villagers welcomed him with open arms, they threw a party for the man, and the man was grateful because of that.

When the man was going to sleep, he decided to go on a light walk.

And there he was, a child was staring at the night sky with a sad expression, the man noticed him and sat down next to him.

The child was surprised when he sat down and tried to run, but the man reassured him to sit down with him.

The child was reluctant at first... But in the end the child sat back down, the man chuckled and pat the childs head.

The child was confused, he didn't know how to react, but he did know that it was warm and comfortable, so the child unconsciously leaned towards his hand.

"I didn't see you in the welcoming party, where were you?"

The man asked with a kind smile, the child hesitated but opens his mouth to answer.

"T-they didn't........ Want me there..."

As the child answers, the man sat there stunned, why was the child shunned away? Was he hated by the village? Did the child do something bad?.

Through the questions running through the mans head, he only smiles and asked only one.

"What's your name?"

The child closes his eyes and thinks for a moment, and when he opens his eyes, his pitch black eyes without irises look up to the man.

"El.... My name is El"

The man nods and smiles at the child, for some reason, for the child, that smile was like a bright star, and was as warm as the sun.

The man stands up and stretches his hands and back.

"Nice to meet you El, My name is Saisho Nao"

The man turns around the stretches his hand towards the child, the child looks at the hand and the man opens his mouth.

"Well then El"

The man smiles, and with the same tone, he asked the child.

"Do you want to be my partner?"

End of Memory log 1

Title : "partner"

...

...

...

...

Hayashida's P.O.V

Location : DEM first office building entrance

The cold wind was chilly, like getting thrown into a freezer and getting locked in for a few hours...

Though, my blood is boiling for some reason.

"Halt, identification please"

The guard stops me from entering the building with a stomp, he pushes his gun towards me and asks for my id.