Chapter 26 : Human, Trust, Wrong

Shido's P.O.V

After failing to get Miku on our side, Kurumi was forced to drag me out of there and proceed with the second phase of the plan.

Arriving at the DEM tower, me and Kurumi crouch down on a roof top and check the building from afar.

"Kurumi... Are you sure this is going to work?"

"Fu fu~ do you not trust me? Or rather... Hayashida~"

"No.."

Hayashida was sent to the tower before us so he can attack from inside, I'm not worried about Hayashida, rather.

"The DEM soldiers.... I'm more worried about them"

"Hoo~? Is that so~?"

Hayashida, he doesn't kill people or hurt them, and I can trust him on that.

I've never seen him angry, which is good but a little off putting.

There was that one time he threatened me and the team inside the fraxinus, though that came off more as a way to intimidate us.

Whenever he fights he would change... Almost like a complete opposite of himself but still having his morals with him.

BEEP

BEEP

[A SPACEQUAKE IS OCCURING, PLEASE EVACUATE]

Cutting off my thoughts, the blaring sound of the alarm covers the area, the people started to move towards the bunkers and secured themselves.

Kurumi laughs a little at the situation and smiles.

"Ara~ how interesting~"

"What's happening? Is..... Is there another spirit coming here?"

"Of course not~ though.... I suppose having another spirit coming here would be better than that" she says as she points towards the tower.

The building shakes and numerous Bandersnatches pour out from the building.... There were hundreds of them, and each one had a territory deployed to protect them.

"How are going to get past them!?!"

"Calm down~ you have me remember~?"

Multiple shadows appear and Kurumi clones crawled out of them, there were not as many as the Bandersnatches, but each one can take down 10 or maybe even 20.

The clones fly out, they smash, crush, pierce, and destroy the flying Bandersnatches, some of the clones were dying, but the amount of damage they did was incomparable to them.

Jusy as I was thinking its going to be alright, the tower shakes again.

Kurumi grabs my waist and picks me up.

"Sorry Shido~ we don't have much time, the reinforcements they're sending are more than double the size of the current Bandersnatchers corps, we need to get in quickly if you want to save Tohka~"

As She was about to take me away, the reinforcements came, they were...

"Humans?"

"Oh~ perfect, i needed more time anyway~"

As the DEM soldiers arrive, Kurumi's clones activate the City of devouring time, the soldiers slowed down, but they kept advancing and managed to kill one.

"Tch- how annoying, to think they made a territory to  block my ability~ but I suppose it does effect them somewhat~ well, lets keep going"

"Kurumi, please don't kill them..."