Chapter 19 : Background, Family, Requirement

Hayashida's P.O.V

After the mental shock i received, we went back to the Hotel to get some rest.

When Ushi saw my eyes that were swollen since i cried, he immediately yelled at Mr. Hiiro and scolded  him, i was already fine when we got back but that didn't stop him from coddling me, it was annoying so i punched him in the stomach.

"Anyway, since I've calmed down now, it's time for me to ask you two some questions"

I sat cross legged on the bed with the two of them sitting on the floor with a seiza.

"First of all, I'm sorry, i didn't mean to hide it from you that I'm a spirit, i was just.... Scared you would see me differently"

I bowed to them apologetically, it was my fault that they had to do it, and i understand that they would get angry at me.

But, different from what i expected, both of them got flustered and told me to sit up again.

"O-oi kid! It was my fault! I should've asked you in a more peaceful manner!"

"That's right Hayashida! Its the old man's fault! This blockhead of a man can't tell the difference between a horrible idea, and an acceptable one!"

"Oi you stupid bastard! That was your idea!"

"Shut up! I would never do that to him!"

I stomp the floor loud enough for them to stop arguing, they fix their seiza and straitened their posture.

"Haaaaa..... So, how long have you guys known i was a spirit?"

Mr. Hiiro raises his hand, i look at him and he starts speaking.

"It was around the time Ushi started talking to you, do you remember how cold he was when he first met you?"

Huh, i guess he was, it was after two weeks of conversations that he started to adopt the 'overprotective big brother' attitude on me, it was a sudden change too...

Mr. Hiiro clears his throat and continues.

"Well, Ushi here was an analyst on my team back when i was working, his job was to find spirit energy, no matter how big, or small, and when you entered the house, the sensors he had installed on the house picked up your energy, it was faint so he couldn't find out if you were using a realizer or a spirit"

He takes a deep breath and takes out a piece of paper, it was a graph, it had seven pieces on it, and the title was 'energy fluctuations'.

It had the date on it as well, and the highest ones being the last two, the graph was bigger than the rest, that date was around the time i trained my spirit powers so i can get used to using them.

So that's it huh, they got the confirmation from my training, Mr. Hiiro gives the paper to me and continues.

"The energy spiked up around these days, and with the absence of a realizer, the only thing that's plausible is that you're a spirit, Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth, and so, Ushi did a little psychology test, to see what kind of person you are"

He takes out another piece of paper from his bag, but this time it was a file, he opens it and gives it to me, i open the first page and started reading

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Day 1)

-The reader reacted, without a realizer, this amount of spirit power is impossible, i see...... A spirit huh...