Chapter 5 : Questions, Meetings, Nicknames

Shido's P.O.V

After eating with the both of them, we decided to rest at the couch, sitting while the food gets processed properly, as we sat there I decided it was a good time to ask them some questions, before this Kotori asked me to question them, the information can be used for future dates, at least it should help me out later down the line...

"while waiting, can I ask you two some questions?"

Both of them look at each other for a moment, and as if confirming they looked at me and nodded, they seem to be in synch which is nice to see.

"So uhh, let's start with some easy ones, when the AST came and attacked you both, why didn't you fight back? do you have a reason not to?"

After asking that, the both of them seem to think for a while, Hayashida was holding his chin while closing his eyes, seems like he's really thinking about it, I look at Yoshino and as she was fiddling the hem of her clothes, she starts talking.

"I hate painful things... I hate scary things too... s-surely... those people don't like pain and scary things too... that's w-why I..."

"Yoshino, just for a reason like that you..."

I couldn't help but be shocked, a child, with power that can beat anyone attacking her refused to fight back, because she's scared of painful and scary things, she thinks that the enemy wouldn't want that too, so she refused to fight them.

Just why... why would the AST kill them, they all are just normal people, they were just cursed with power, if we can talk things out and contain their powers, than maybe they can live better lives, as I thought that, Yoshino continues to talk.

"I-I'm scared, being h-hurt... scared and lonely... m-my head will hurt.. and I-i might go crazy, and hurt e-everyone"

"That's why Yoshinon is my hero... When Yoshinon is with me... even if I'm afraid... he would say it's alright, and then it will really be just as he says... that's why..."

Before she can finish her sentence, I stand up and pat her head, surprised she looks up to me, I crouch down to look at her directly.

"I'll save you"

"I'll definitely help you find Yoshinon, but you don't need Yoshinon to protect you anymore, I'll be your hero"

It doesn't matter if she's a spirit, there's no way I'm leaving this sweet little girl to fend for herself!

"Umm... thank you"

"Your welcome!"

I smile at her, feeling a bit better, though it was short lived when I remembered what happened yesterday...

"Umm, I'm also sorry for kissing you out of the blue..."

"kissing?"

Seeing this as a moment, I decide now would be a good time to kiss her, though it will feel wrong, if I don't do this, then she will be hunted down again, and I don't want that...

"yes kissing!, its where you lean to each close and let your lips touch each other..."

as I lean in for the kiss, before I could make contact, the front door opens with a bang, I stop in my tracks and looks beside me.

"Shido!, I'm sorry about befo-!"

It was Tohka, she was wearing a cute pink mini skirt with a white shirt, it took me a while to process, but... Tohka just saw me try to kiss Yoshino... didn't she... I feel cold sweat running down my back, words were formulating in my mind to find out an answer for this misunderstanding.