Chapter 8 : Son, Hot Springs, Number

Hayashida's P.O.V

Three weeks have passed since i started to live here, nothing much happened in the past three weeks, me and the old man, who i call Mr. Hiiro after much deliberation, we started to bond a little bit.

He was a hot blooded man who believed justice was first, second only to family, when he first said that family is important i couldn't help but giggle because it reminded me of something in my previous world.

He mistook my giggle as an insult and in turn i got hit in the head by his first, ow.....

Ah! There was something interesting that happened, it was around two weeks ago, a week after i started to live here....

Flashback 2 weeks ago

Location Little heaven cafe

It's been a week since i started working here, honestly i thought it would be hard for me to work here, i was always the one in the back, helping people my coworkers, doing projects, and other stuff.

Never really interacted much with the customers, but Mr. Hiiro said i did a good job on my first day, well, for someone who didn't sleep the entire day at least, he said it was entertaining seeing me mess up some times...

and that's how seven days passed by, Mr. Hiiro telling me i did a good job and paying me, i was a bit reluctant since the amount he pay's me was too much, but he insisted that it's the least he can do, and apparently he has too much money on his hands... Is he secretly rich or something?

Today was just like any other day, it was closing time and i was cleaning up the counters and tables while Mr. Hiiro was drinking coffee, we talked as i was doing my work.

"Oh yea, Mr. Hiiro, you said you have a son right?"

"Yep, a troublesome one if i might add"

"Is that so? Well i wanted to ask, what's his job? I've never seen him come out of his room, and judging from how old you are, i'm guessing you're son is pretty old? Around forty probably?"

I ask, i moved on to wash the dishes, after this, i'm done for today and can rest.

"He's seventeen, still a high schooler"

I freeze and look at Mr. Hiiro, he was sipping coffee while reading a newspaper, he feels my gaze and looks at me with a raised eyebrow.

"What's wrong?"

"Nope, nothing, just.... Didn't think you were still active at that age..."

"Wha- hey that's now what i meant!"

He slams down the newspaper on the table and puts down his coffee, he sighs and looks down on the floor.

"My son is adopted, due to certain circumstances i couldn't have a child naturally, so i decided to adopt him"

"Ahh... I see... You wanted a child that badly huh?"

"Y-yeah, let's just put it that way"

His eyes look away from me, i look at him suspiciously but decided not to probe further, i finish washing the dishes and started to get ready to cook.

Oh yeah, the old man can't cook, and if he did it always turns into something... Blasphemous... That's why i cook now, Mr. Hiiro always eats ready made food he buys from the convenience store's.

It wasn't really healthy since all he buys is meat based food with no vegetables or fruit, so i offered to cook for him, that way he could at least eat healthily and make his body stronger, he was reluctant at first but after a few times, he got used to it and was looking forward to what i cook for next time.