five

l u k e

in three days i received an email from my teacher that the grades for the test had been posted.

i usually wouldn't worry, since i always studied and was very good at remembering things, but today i extremely nervous.

as i was logging into my school account, ashton called me.

"did you check your test score yet?" he asked, "most of your classmates are complaining about their grades."

"i haven't checked yet, and to be honest, i'm not sure if i did as great as i usually do."

"just tell me what you got, i think you did pretty well."

"okay," i responded as i clicked on my teacher's name, revealing all of my grades.

"so... what did you get?"

"a ninety-three, it isn't too bad, i know i'm smart but i could have done better."

"i think you did perfectly fine, don't worry about it, what is your overall score now?"

"ninety-six,"

"that's go-" ashton was cut off by yelling.

"hey luke!!! open up!" they yelled, so i went over and opened up the door, revealing michael standing there with a box of pizza in his hand.

"what are you doing here?" i whispered, covering my phone so ashton didn't hear. he wasn't aware about michael yet and i think that keeping it like that would be best.

i wasn't sure if michael and ash would get along, and the last thing i wanted was for them to start arguments where ashton uses facts to prove michael wrong, and that michael starts making inappropriate or rude come backs.

"you have to taste this fucking pizza, jesus christ this shit is amazing, holy fuck i didn't know the pizzeria down the street would make food this good." he said and took another slice put, and bit into it.

"my gosh michael stop swearing! i'm on the phone with my friend!" i said trying to close the door.

"hey wait, i made a twenty mile walk to get here from my very very comfortable bed and i will not leave until you taste this," he said, and gestured for me to take the slice he already bit.

"michael you live next door! that is like a few meters away, and i'm not going to eat this, you already bit it!" i told him, but he pushed the door open and walked in.

"damn thought my apartment was a mess, look at yours, you are drowning in papers," he spoke as he set the pizza on a table and moved around my papers.

i sighed and walked away from michael, "hey ashton, so yeah my grades are doing well, how about yours? what did you get on your test?"

"i don't know yet, mrs. holms said she would put th-"

"oh my god is this your friend!?" michael took my phone and started talking, "hello? hi! yes, hi! i'm michael!"

"okay that's enough talking with ashton," i said and took my phone back.

"yeah, sorry about that..." i told ashton and glared at michael who sat on my couch with his box of pizza.

"it's okay but who was that? who is michelle?"

"it's michael, not michelle, and he is my new neighbor. he moved in next door recently."

"oh, well it was nice to know him, i guess," he said, "well, i'm going to finish up some extra credit work so i'll talk to you later."

"okay bye!"

"bye!" and he hung up.

"your buddy friend seems cool, he sounds cool at least." michael said and took a new slice of pizza out. "now taste this."

"i don't want any, pizza has lots of fat."

"yeah but who cares, it tastes good, now eat it. at least take a bite."

"fine," i said, and took a single bite of it, and to be honest, it tasted great.

"so? what do you think?"

"it surprisingly tastes good," i responded and smiled

(a/n sorry this is late, but thank you for reading ^-^

vote and comment if you'd like, please ignore any errors in my writing.)