nine

l u k e

four days later, i went to go pick up my mail early in the morning. i didn't sleep since at all since i stayed up watching comedies but now i was only half awake.

i almost fell down the stairs on my way down but I managed to make it back to my room alive without dropping all of the mail.

i sat on my sofa and looked though the mail. there were phone bills, coupons, special offers, and a magazine with an almost naked lady.

wait. what.

i looked on the back and saw that it said michael clifford clearly written.

of course it was his, i would never sign up to receive a magazine like this.

i checked if they had made another mistake with the mail and walked over to michael's place.

"Hey michael! i got something for you!" i said loudly as i knocked on his door, i was never entering his apartment on my own ever again.

when michael opened up the door i shoved the magazine into his hands. "how did you know this was my favorite magazine? you like these too?" he questioned smiling.

"no, i don't, but there was a mistake and they placed this into my mailbox instead of yours so i'm giving it back to you." i said as he realized his name was printed on the back.

"oh, well too bad, you're kinda missing out," he said.

"what is there to miss out on? big breasts and minimal clothing? no thanks, that's not my thing, never has been," i replied honestly.

he was silent a bit but then asked me a question.

"uh luke, do you like, maybe, you know, like guys?" he asked, looking at me and then his feet.

"i don't know," i responded, not wanting to give a straight forward answer. i never really knew whether i liked girls or boys. i never dated anyone, but my friends used to tell me that some girls had crushes on me, but i never found the interest or the want to date a girl.

"actually luke, do you want to go for ice cream?" michael asked, suddenly changing the topic.

"well i guess so, i'm on break from school anyways,"

"well then lets go," he said grabbing a snapback from his table, locking his door, and taking my hand.

+ + +

we arrived to an ice cream shop after a short ride in a taxi. michael took my hand again and lead me into the shop.

we both ordered what we wanted and then sat at two stools on the far end of the long counter. i thanked michael for buying me the ice cream and he just nodded.

he seemed to be contemplating something but kept his mouth shut. he has been like this since he asked me that question back at his apartment.

"michael are you okay? you're starting to look nervous right now," i told him and tried to read his facial expression.

"no no, it's nothing, don't worry about it," he told me, giving me a smile.

+ + +

after that mostly silent trip to the ice cream shop, we decided to walk back to the apartment building. we joked a little about an old lady who fell down on our way home but besides that, it was silent.

michael unlocked the door and then turned back to me. "well i guess i'll see you later or something," michael said.

"yeah," i agreed and smiled, but didn't move, and neither did he. we just kept staring at each other.

i couldn't explain what i was feeling but i just stood there until suddenly michael kissed me.

i was caught by surprise and didn't know what to do. i never kissed anyone before. his hand held my face and he kissed me until he needed to breathe.

he looked at me once again and then quickly got into his apartment, closing the door harshly.

i just stood there in shock.

michael gave me my first kiss.

( a/n wow look at me, updating after five decades. i'm so sorry about that :(

how has your summer been? are you back in school or not yet? i've got some time left before school starts.

anyways, thank you so much for reading! vote, comment, and share if you'd like :D )