33; Just some girl

"Don't you need to be at that fight?" Y/n asks Ran while her little sister Aki is playing with a toy.

"No I'd rather be here with you guys." he smiles.

"Oh okay.. s-so what's your name?" Y/n asks nervously. "Haitani Ran and you shy lady?" he smiles.

"I'm L/n Y/n...shy?!"

Ran laughs at her reaction. "Hey Aki-chan isn't Y/n shy?"

"Sis is only shy when she's around boys she thinks are cute!"

"Aki! That's a lie...I'm not shy." Y/n hits her sister lightly. "You're adorable." he says tilting his head.

Y/n's face turns tomato red and looks away. "T...thank you.."

"How old are you Ran-nii?" Aki asks. "Ah. Sorry Haitani-ku—-san. She's still not used to honorifics. Call him Haitani-san Aki!" Y/n scolds.

"Please I don't mind at all. Call me Ran."

"Alright...Ran." she says quietly. "I didn't hear what'd you say?" Ran moves his ear closer to Y/n's face.

"I said alright Ran!" you say louder straightening your back.

"How old are you Ran-nii?" Aki asks rocking back and forth.

"16. What about you two?"

"I'm 8! I think big sis is...uhm 40?"

Y/n sighs and shakes her head.

"You look great for your age!" Ran teases and Y/n rolls her eyes slapping his chest.

"She acts 40! I think... is that how old moms are? She's like my second mom.." Aki thinks out loud. Ran smiles patting her head.

"I'm 15 years old." Y/n exhales.

Ran scoots closer to Y/n. "What are you doing?" she asks looking through her lashes with a dirty look.

"Oh attitude already?" He leans his head on the inside of his palm.

Y/n turns around looking at her sister "Aki you can go play at the playground right there!"

"Really?! Yay see ya!" Aki runs to the playground. Y/n turns her head facing Ran.

"What do you want?" she asks irritated. "You were the one watching us werent you?" Ran smirks.

"So? What are you going to do? Kill me?" she laughs. Ran's smirk drops "that's exactly what I'll do darling." he pulls out a pocket knife and tilts her head with it.

"You don't know me." Y/n moves the knife away. "I know you little girl. You work with the yakuza, they're nothing compared to who I am. And if I see you do their dirty work ever again, I'll target your sister."

"What?!" Y/n breaks character and stands up. "Don't you dare touch her!"

"If you do as I say then she'll be fine." Ran gets up as well. "I need the money..." she lowers her shoulders.

"I'll give you as much money as you need."

"What are you doing? You don't even know me! We just met... are you targeting the yakuza? Trying to destroy them?"

"Too many questions." Ran spins his head. "By tonight pack your bags and leave for America. I'll write you a check to $100,000. If you don't leave...your sister will loose her head and your parents will-

"FINE! I'll do as you say!" Y/n says bowing. Ran walks up to her as she's quietly bowing. He grabs her face and makes her look up at him.

He moves his lips closer to her mouth and kisses her lightly "Don't forget me."

"Oiii Ran!" Rindou says calling for him. Ran turns around and sees his brother "what's up?"

"Fights over let's go home... who's that?"

"Oh her?" Ran points at you with his thumb.

"Just some girl."

Y/n's heart drops and tears fall down her face "I'll be going then.." she says walking towards Aki.

"Goodbye love." Ran whispers to himself.

"Hm? You say something?" Rin asks. "No let's just go home."

"What's bothering you?" Rindou asks.

"Would you give up your life for a girl you love?" Ran asks.

"A girl huh? I don't know...I haven't experienced love yet but if I saw a future with a girl, I'd protect her with my life."

"Where is the limit though?"

"When a man loves a women there are no limits, you do what's right and best for your woman." Rindou says.

Ran hits his back "Ow!"

"You're a romantic." Ran laughs. "Says the one asking these questions..."

"Do you like that girl?" Rindou asks quietly.

"No."

"Oh." Rindou scratches his head.

"I love her."

_______________________

Back to the future

Y/n woke up after tons of blood loss and sees all the executives and Mikey in the room.

"You guys can lighten up a little.." Y/n yawns.

"Y/n!!" They all said in Union. You look around and notice someone missing.

"Where is Ran?" you sit up but all of their expressions change and Rindou sits down covering his face. "No..."

"They killed him." Mikey announces. You cover your mouth and feel vomit moving up your throat and Takeomi gives you a trash can quickly. You throw up while tears are falling down all the others faces.

"Collect yourselves!" Mikey shouts. You drink some water and wipe your tears.

"They killed him because instead of being the trigger he's the one who went back in time." Mikey explains.

"Impossible..." you cover your mouth in shock. "When he comes back... or if he comes back we'll all be living a different life."

"What do you mean?" Rindou asks quickly.

"Ran has always wanted to save us all... this is his dream. We probably won't have ever had this team and Y/n your life wouldn't be like this either." Mikey explains.

"But that'll mean I'd never have met you guys? Would I forget?" you ask.

"We would be strangers." Mikey says. "No...no! Ran is doing this all by himself and what if soemthing happens and he can't come back?" You cry.

"We...we didn't even have a chance." You sob into your hands, shaking.

"SANZU!" Rindou yells pulling his gun out pointing it to his skull. "Rindou!" Takeomi goes near him but Kakucho pushes him back.

"Why'd you do this?!" You asks Sanzu. "I didn't want to loose you..." he cries.

"The most important person in my life is dead and now he's fixing all of our lives while we sit here and do nothing! BECAUSE OF YOUR IMPULSIVE DECISION!"

"I'M SORRY!" he shouts.

"SORRY WON'T BRING BACK MY BROTHER!" Rindou shouts.

"Sanzu...if only you let me talk to you instead of running away. I tried to tell you... that I forgive you." You cry. "You forgive me?"

"I do." you give him a warm smile but not even a split second later a bullet flies straight into his skull. Sanzu hits the floor, blood oozing out on the floor.

"HARU!" Takeomi kneels down holding his brother. "Sanzu..." Kokonoi covers his mouth.

"You didn't have to kill him..." Takeomi tears up.

"When Ran comes back... Sanzu will be living a normal life." Mikey says.