1

Every morning I question why I set my alarm clock for 6:15. I fully believe anytime there is a single digit and the words in the morning follow, it's too early to wake up. But sadly the corporate world doesn't agree with that same idea.

If I actually get up at six, I'll take a quick jog around my neighborhood, but that's only if I'm feeling super motivated. Most days I'll fall back asleep till my second alarm at seven wakes me up. Today I was feeling motivated enough to go on a run. I love Boston in the morning, its amazing. The fresh air is a great way to wake up. The harbor keeps the city somewhat cool and fresh.

When I come back I take a shower and slap on some work clothes that usually include some kind of jeans and a nice blouse. My brown hair is down like it always is. I look in the mirror staring at my dull brown eyes and realize no one does dull better than I do. I keep my make up simple, grab my bag and head out to work, like the rest of the world does.

My job is to design and build movie sets. Some use CGI, but big companies love how realistic the shot comes out when the set is actually built. My company has done the sets for big movies like the, Hunger Games, The Avengers, Captain America The First Avenger and other big movies. Today I have a meeting with the directors and producers for a new alien movie. Sci-fi and action movies are all the rage right now. Explosions easily translate across the world.

My company shares a tall glass office building with others. I just own the eleventh floor. As I walked in Whitney greeted me as usual and I gave a small nod her way as usual. Whitney is my secretary that I absolutely adore, but since it's eight in the morning my conversations are limited. My brain still isn't quite awake.

During the important meeting I received the guidelines of the set they want. I need to design a building that matches the scenery of a different planet. It needs to be modern, but with weird twists in it. I headed out to the library to get some ideas. I already have an old architect in mind to study. I have a computer of course, but the library is peaceful and I can get a lot of work done there. Plus there's a cute looking librarian there, so I can enjoy him and the library. Whitney makes fun of me for trying to get the librarian to ask me out. I can't decide if I actually want him to ask me out, or if I want to make up some imaginary image of him in my daydreams.

Before I left for the library I stopped and haf a lengthy conversation with Whitney. She ranted about her boyfriend who's done her wrong–again.

"Awww come on hun, you need to get out there. Please don't come back unless you get that librarian's number, you nerd." She teased with her hand on her size twelve hip. Her eyes are the same color as melted chocolate. Every now and then she'll entertain me with the idea of setting me up on a date. I always tell her I have plans and she knows that I'm lying, but never asks why I am. She already knows why I am, Whitney probably knows everything about me at this point.

"Oh Lucy! Don't forget your plane ticket to New Mexico I have it right here!" She yelled before I left. I grabbed the ticket and thanked her before I left. It was a beautiful bright sunny day, perfect for a little walk. I started to look for my sunglasses in my mess of a bag when I saw a dog running through people on the sidewalk. I quickly stepped on its leash stopping it. The dog didn't seem bothered that I stopped it. Instead it just looked up at me with its big dark eyes and wagged its tail.

"Hey what's your name?" I asked squatting to its level reading its name tag.

"Hey Dodger" I smile petting the dog, he tries to lick my face but I move it out of the way to quickly.

"Hey Dodger, where's your owner?" I absently ask the excited dog scratching behind his floppy ears. He just looked up waging his tail, not a thought running through his cute little head. Soon I saw a man running around clearly looking for something. I assumed it was a dog, so I stood and moved showing the man the dog behind me.

"You looking for this?" I inquired raising my eyebrow. The man sighed in relief as he walked over towards us.

"Thank you so much for catching Dodger" he said bending down to pet the dog that jumped in excitement to see his owner. The man was wearing a baseball cap and sunglasses. He was a pretty big man and was a few inches taller than me. He had a sturdy build and was in really good shape. With only a few glances I noticed how attractive this man was. He had a strong jaw and a warm smile.

"It was no problem, he's a cute dog. I didn't even think it was possible to gave as much energy as he does." I commented making the stranger laugh a bit.

"He just really really likes meeting new people. I'm sorry I never learned your name." He answered looking down at the dog that just wagged its tail in response.

"It's Lucy" I greeted holding out my hand.

"Chris" he replied taking my hand and shaking it. His hand lingered around mine a little before he lets go.

"Where are you headed?" Chris asked looking around.

"To the library." I answered

"Do you want to get a cup of coffee?" He blurted out and I thought for a second he winced at his own question.

I checked at my watch. It was only one, I had a least a week or two to come up with a draft of the building with my team, so I had time to waste. I still hesitated. I'm awful at small talk, and this just sounds like all small talk. Come on Lucy, jump out of your comfort zone. It'll be fun. Way better than staring at a book!

"Sure" I answered sounding unsure and unAble to look the man in the eyes. "I know a place down the street."

"Are you sure, I don't want to get in your way?" He asked politely. His tone sounded like he didn't really want me to change my mind and I tell myself don't.

"Let's s see go get coffee with you, or go to the library to do work. I choose you. " I joked sounding like I'm actually questioning my choices. Chris smiled and we walked to a cafe I love.