13

I just wanted to sleep when I got to my hotel room. I didn't even bother taking my clothes off. I got into my room and went straight to my bed and slept. On the car ride back I didn't speak much. Chris never asked about the deal, he thought it went badly.

I woke up the next day around 8 feeling better but a little disoriented. I was still a little nauseous, but that might just be hunger. I wanted to sit in my bed and waste the day, but I knew I couldn't. I took a long shower. I relaxed under the warm water and enjoyed the feeling of feeling clean again. I slowly got ready for work by getting dressed and grabbing breakfast. I got some toast and water from the breakfast in the hotel lobby. I figured I should eat light and bland to make sure my stomach was still okay.

I walked to set and smiled at everyone before sitting down and starting the long lists of calls I had today.

"Whit, it's me Lucy"

"Tell me how it went! Why didn't you call yesterday?"

"I was sick. I had the flu. But he signed! So now we need to slowly increase the amount of builders we have. Have we found a new construction manager? I'm thinking we need another one, and a whole new crew. We are going to do at least two Sony movies, almost at the same time. I'm thinking we should—."

"Whoa—slow your roll. I'll put out the application today. We have found a new construction manager. I think you'll like this one. I sure do."

"Perfect, when I get back I'll meet with them."

"How's the set going?"

"Fine, we're just about done. I think I'm going to need you to book a flight home soon."

"You tell me when. You do have a scheduled meeting with the California crew on Monday."

"We'll be way done before that. I think you should just book me a flight for Thursday. We'll finish today, clean tomorrow and leave Thursday."

"Sounds good to me, I'll email you the details later. Anything interesting happen since you last talked with me?"

"Well I was sick yesterday, I'm better today, just tired and a little disoriented. Anything new with you?"

"Not really, I'm closer to talking Trevor into a puppy, I think I'm gonna get my way with this one."

"Don't you usually win?"

"Of course, but I can't let him know that! Crystal said that she and Dylan might come up next month for a few days."

"That's awesome, I called her last Saturday. I've been pretty busy. I've got to go, I've got to talk to some more people."

"Okay, see ya in a couple days!" She said happily. I hung up and took a look at the last set we were building. The only job left was to fit it with the right equipment for it to look like it was exploding. That would take one team, and half a day. The rest of the teams are already packing and cleaning. My time in New Mexico was over.

I started to pack up my office. I only had a couple folders, pens and other random objects. I cleaned the empty desk and helped clean the set space with the rest of the crew. I got a message from Whitney telling me that my flight out was Wednesday evening.

It was dinner time when I wondered across set to find Chris. I walked around looking lost for awhile.

"Hey, Lucy right?" Someone mentioned gaining my attention. I turned my head and saw Sebastian Stan behind me.