17

It felt as if the world felt the need to separate us. We tried to fight it, but at the end of every day we said good bye.

We woke up at seven tired and sad. We drove to the airport and like just a month ago, Chris parked on the side of the curb. We've done this before, we can do it again. We have to do it again.

I was flying to Boston, to grab the rest of my stuff and then I was heading to Spain. So by night time I'll be in Madrid.

"I'm going miss you." I said smiling at him trying to cheer him up.

"I'm going to miss you too. I wish we had more time together." Chris turned towards me and he looked a little hesitant on what he was about to say. My heart started to thrum and I was getting nervous by the second.

"What is it?" I asked him. I wished he'd just spit it out.

"Are you happy in this relationship? I know we haven't spent that much time together as a couple. I don't want to rush anything. I want you to feel comfortable. I just want to do this right, but..."

"It feels like we're always being separated."

"Yeah." He breathed out staring at his hands. I really didn't want to have this conversation now. Talking about where we were headed as a couple at the curb of the airport wasn't an ideal spot.

"I'll admit it's really hard to start a relationship when you can never spend more than a week with them. But I really like us. I really like you, and I want this."

He sighed in relief and smiled. "It's good to know we're on the same page."

"Aren't we always." I grinned as he stole a kiss from me. I got out the car and grabbed my stuff. He followed me helping me with my bag.

"Bye Chris." I said reaching up to kiss him. He deepened the kiss holding me closer to him. "You're going to make me late." I murmured.

"How terrible. I guess you'll have to spend an extra day with me."

"No, you're the worst." I laughed playfully shoving him. "Goodbye"

He gave me a quick kiss, "Okay I'm done now. Bye Lucy, I'll see you soon. Call me when you get there."

"Of course." I promised starting to walk away.

"Don't miss me too much! And don't kiss other boys while you're gone! Bye, I lov–bye!" He yelled after me to embarrass me. His last sentence made me want to jump off the plane I was about to get on. I was not ready for the L-word. I was relieved Chris caught it. I think both of us wanted to act like nothing happened, or almost happened. I got on the flight and slept the whole way back to Boston.

Spain was beautiful. It the perfect temperature for me. The sun was out, and my hotel was beautiful. The bright colors of the city was amazing. I loved the architecture from the old Moorish temples. I loved the ham and the open atmosphere. I loved that the city was a mix of older architecture, but still was an advanced city. I worked most of the day, and every night I'd take a train to a new part of Spain. I just loved it there, maybe it was because I was away from everything. Each day I woke up with the beautiful old city outside my window. My balcony was becoming an addiction, I sat out there as long as possible, it over looked a small square around the hotel. If you looked further into the distance you saw old buildings, and new ones peak out from the horizon.

It was fun to find new things. That was why I loved Boston, there was always something new to find. I walked around town, trying new coffee shops, and little diners. I tried different foods, and clothes. I tried everything. I saw soccer games, I sat half way through a bull fight. I had to leave because I didn't want to see the bull die. I met different people and tried to speak in Spanish. Being out of my element was probably the best thing that I could have done for myself. I was so stressed, and being here I wasn't. Of course I worked all the time on my designs, but in the end, I was free.