27

"I hate you Lucy!"

"Sorry Cate! This just tickles!" I told her laughing. It was the afternoon of the big movie premiere. I was nervous and I wanted to run out the door and catch a flight out of the country. Cate, Alec and her kids came down to LA for a long weekend.

I told Cate about the premiere and she booked herself a plane ticket down here to do my make up. Cate loved to do make up. She got really into it in high school. I know the basics, eyeliner and mascara. I can do some lipstick. Maybe foundation on a good day. Cate knows all about the primer, highlighting, contour and all that good stuff. She brought her kids and dragged Alec to visit Chris and I and more importantly to see Disneyland.

"Lucy hold still! You'll get weird lines!" She yelled. She was in the middle of putting on the fancy air brush foundation on me. The air tickled my nose and neck.

"Sorry you know I'm ticklish there!" I laughed trying to defend myself. She had been doing my makeup since my junior year in high school.

"Okay now do this." She said puckering her lips a bit to look like a fish. I mimicked her the best I could.

"No! Lucy like this!" She groaned doing the same exact movement.

"Cate! You literally just did the same thing!"

"Just do it!"

"Fine!" I yelled puckering up my lips like she did a few seconds ago. I looked at her and burst out laughing. She did the same thing and shook her head.

"You're absolutely impossible!" 

"Okay! Okay just give me 5 seconds to get myself together!" She started counting down from five and I laughed even harder for some reason. Chris wondered into our room where we were sprawled out in the bathroom.

"Lucy I swear if you don't stop fidgeting I'll kick your ass so hard mom will feel it!" Cate yelled and all we hear was Chris' booming laughter from the bedroom.

"Chris shut up!" I shouted laughing. It took another half hour for Cate to finish my make up. She gave me a natural look. My skin had a nice even tone, my eyes looked like art. I had fancy eyeshadow and eyeliner. My hair down and straight like it naturally is. I hate curling my hair.

I slipped on, well tugged on my dress for the night. It was a tight, tight red dress. It pretty much left nothing to the imagination. It had a very low neckline, that showed off the cleavage that I really didn't have. The back of the dress was pretty nonexistent too. Two straps ran down my back to the small of my back. It showed off my back tattoo that went down my spine. This was probably one of the first times I had flaunted the tattoo. The dress was longer than I usually wore too. It went down a little past my knees and had a slit in the back. My silhouette looked amazing in this dress. It exaggerated my small boobs and regular sized butt. It was tight which made me nervous but I actually watched what I ate this month and put in almost twice the time at the gym so I should be fine. I looked good in this dress, but still the idea of going out there knowing people will just bash on me was nerve wracking.

"Lucy! We're going to be late!" Chris called from downstairs.

"Chris! How can we be late when you're one of the stars of this premiere!" I shouted back grabbing my black pumps that matched with everything. I took one more quick glance in the mirror and left the room.

I walked downstairs and Chris was standing in the kitchen talking with Cate and her kids. I walked into the kitchen and fidgeted with my earring a bit.