22

When I came into the office I was greeted by Whitney singing Happy Birthday. She had gotten my favorite coffee, knowing I needed caffeine more than a cupcake or a cake.

"Another year older! And another year more gorgeous!" She sang following me to my office.

"Thank you." I smiled taking the coffee and the hug she offered me.

"Are you still good for dinner tonight? Crystal is coming into town." I asked

"Of course I am! And guess what! Your horoscope looked amazing for the day! It said to call on someone and that you shall receive what you want!" Astrology was Whiney's newer hobby. I was grateful that begging for a dog had gotten old. Now she just updated me on the stars and planets everyday.

"Okay well I call on you to pick me up from my apartment tonight so I can get black out drunk at dinner." I grinned

"Ha. Ha. That's not how that works. But yes I'll do that."

"It worked then."

"No. That wasn't my point for telling you to call someone. My point was that Chris' horoscope said he would have good luck in love his love life because of his Venus sign. And Venus is squaring Jupiter right now meaning its an optimistic time!" She suggested with a grin.

"Okay?"

"So that means call him."

"I don't think that's what it means. Also he has a girl friend. Also how did you get his birth chart?"

"The internet. Everything is on the internet. Also I texted him to get his birth time when you guys were dating."

"What? Didn't you just get into this hobby."

"It was like the week you broke up."

"Oh, wait? I didn't know you had his number."

"Yeah, I've had his number forever. Since like your last birthday because he asked me for ideas on what to get you."

"Oh. What did you tell him."

"I told him to get you a diamond ring."

"You did not! Whitney last birthday that was like only maybe half a year into dating or something!"

"Of course I did! I wanted to be in People Magazine when they cover the wedding!" She argued. I rolled my eyes as if I'd ever let any type of magazine close to my wedding.

"He said not yet anyway. So I told him to just take you out for a nice dinner." So that was how I ended up in Monaco for my birthday dinner that night.

"Whatever. But look— I've moved on from him."

"That's not what your birth chart says."

"Well thats what I said."

"Call him and tell him you're a liar and you still love him."

"I'm not a home wrecker and I'm not a liar."

"Hey your charts say you two were very compatible."

"So, there are plenty others I can be compatible with."

"Please! I just have this feeling that something is going to happen!" Whitney whined.

"No! Thats so awkward. 'Hi Chris. I'm just calling because Whitney has a feeling something is going to happen.'" It wasn't like I didn't believe in Astrology. I kind of believed in it. But I knew that there was no way in hell that my horoscope said to call my ex-boyfriend.

"Fine. Google him. Something happened with his love life. If he broke up that one girl you call him. Deal?"

"No deal."