25

Dinner was nice. But what was really overrated was taking it slow. Yeah, that was never going to happen.

After Chris walked me back to the hotel closed the space between us kissing me. Kissing him was something indescribable. He stopped the world around me. He cluttered my senses and surroundings until there's only him.

"You want to come inside?"

"I thought we were taking this slow."

"I thought we both knew that wasn't going to happen." I answered making him chuckle. He closed the gap between us once again. He held me in his arms and kissed me so hard I saw stars.

"Well then can I really ruin our chances of taking it slow and confess something to you?" He whispered holding me close.

And for the first time, I wanted to hear him say it. Here we were teetering on the edge of the point-of-no-return, and I wasn't scared.

"Tell me." I smiled looking up at me.

"I love you. And I've always loved you. And I wish I didn't let you walk away."

"I love you too. I really do. And I should have never pushed you away." His smile matched mine as he kissed me once more. And it felt like I was weightless. My heart was drumming like a hummingbird, and my body felt pulled down by the earth while at the same time soaring in the sky.

We snuck back to the tiny bed and breakfast I was staying at. The window was open blowing in the salt air to my room. He kissed me and hugging my body. His arm slipping down my body. He took his time undressing me, enjoying every part of me.

"I love you"

"I love you too."

"I love it when you say it." He told me between kisses. He gazed down at me smiling widely. His eyes were the bright blue I remembered.

"I know." I smiled at him breathlessly. He was the only thing I felt. He's everything, he's everywhere. And I am his, and I am me and I am us. I belong to him, the world, and to me.

I went back to Boston with Chris by my side. He stayed at my place, somewhere he hadn't seen very much.

We walked in the front door and Chris looked around trying to take the place in. Trying to figure out the little parts of me spread across the place. He stayed quiet and followed me to my kitchen. He sat at a stool by the countertop area. I placed a beer in front of him and he opened it using the countertop.

"You know it's kinda amazing that I can count the times I've been here on one of my hands." Chris mentioned taking a sip of his beer.

"We spent most of our time in a hotel room." I shrugged taking a sip of mine.

"What have you been up to in the past year or so."

"Well, Whitney got married that was exciting. I went to Peru. I finished a lot of sets. Just the usual."

"You told me about Peru. Do you have any future trips planned?"

"At the time no. Can I ask you something?"

"Of course."

"Why did you propose to her so quickly. It took me awhile to get back onto my feet. And I thought, maybe hoped rather, that you were in the same spot."

"I was. I–uh–I don't know why I did it. I needed someone quick and there she was. It was–uh–an extended one night stand for a lack of of better words."

"How did she take the break up?" I asked gliding over to sit on the couch. He sat down next to me wrapping an arm around us.

"We both weren't ready. It wasn't messy."