CHAPTER 1

May 12th 2021

Madeleine and Amaya's Penthouse

New York City, USA

9am

Madeleine's POV

Madeleine's POV

I woke up to the sound of my alarm. I switched it off quickly and headed back to sleep. Then I woke up again at 9.15am because I had put on 2 alarms since I knew I would probably try and go back to sleep. I grabbed my iPhone from my nightstand and started going through my socials.

About 10 minutes later I brushed my teeth, put on my slippers and headed to the kitchen, I'm really hungry right now so I'll eat breakfast then shower.

"Morning Maddy" Amaya, my best friend since forever, said whilst shutting the fridge. We own this penthouse and she's a blogger, her family's well off too but she wants to become an editor.

I'm surprised my parents called me Madeleine despite me being Nigerian, from the Yoruba tribe at that.

"Morning" I replied. "Are those more flowers?!" I asked her as I saw a whole bunch on the dining table, she's obsessed with them. Especially pink roses.

"Yeah do you like them?" she asked me while I poured some cheerios, frosted flakes and cold milk into a bowl. I love mixing cereal.

"They're ok but you better not get any in June cause you know I have hay fever" I said and she rolled her eyes muttering whatever. This bitch.

I walked to the couch and sat down then switched on the TV, I went onto YouTube and typed in Total Drama World Tour, it's one of my favourite shows and it will never get old. Amaya sat next to me putting her legs on my lap, she already had breakfast so she just drank some juice.

I finished my breakfast a couple minutes later then I went up to my en-suite to shower and she headed to the gym, it was rest day for me so I'm not going today. When I shower I like to take my time and turn up my music. I've been obsessed with Migos songs, especially Stir Fry.

Once I got out of the shower, I put on light makeup with lashes and changed into my dark red juicy couture set; a strapless crop top, flared bottoms and the juicy cardigan. I decided to leave my straight black front lace wig as it was. Since I've finished school I want to find a job as a lawyer, I've always wanted to have my own law firm in the future but I want to work for someone before I work for myself so I have better experience. My family has money but I want to be independent at times, but on the other hand if I was offered money, who am I to say no?

I haven't asked them for money for a while now.

Since I have nothing to do and Amaya left I decided to call my new friend Lucia, who I met at a Balenciaga runway show that I was invited to. She's a model. I typed her name and called her, she picked up after 4 rings.