CHAPTER 17

June 7th 2021
Monday

New York, USA

Lombardi's Mansion

2pm

Madeleine's POV

The flight was seven hours with a 5 hour time difference. I didn't get to search up Lorenzo because he sat next to me on the plane and in the car.

"I'm so hungry" Andres said. When is he not?

"There's food in the kitchen or just order something" Valentino yawned obviously tired from the flight.

"Or starve" Lucia mumbled and Viola laughed at her. Andres seems to really annoy her, I ponder.

I didn't have to go to work today so I took a quick nap on the couch because I'm so tired and probably have jet lag.

Half an hour later, Lorenzo, Valentino, Viola and Andres left the house in all black with some bodyguards. I asked Lorenzo where they were going but all he said was that they'd be back soon and I shouldn't worry.

Lucia was still here so Amaya, me and her decided to go use the gym in the mansion.

I connected my phone with the speakers in the room so we could listen to some good music.

"How come you don't work with your family's company?" I questioned Lucia as we all warmed up.

"It's just that I'd have to experience a lifestyle I don't want" she hesitated "I still do because of who my father is, but I'm more private than my brother" we started with our Pilates.

"Fair enough" Amaya joined in. "How many businesses are there?"

"I don't know but it's mainly for buildings; hotels, clubs, construction and the list goes on"

"Interesting" I figured that I wouldn't ask her anything else so that she doesn't catch onto us. She said she doesn't want that 'lifestyle' but already has to live it due to her dad. That sounds like something dangerous if you ask me.

If we do find out that they have a dangerous lifestyle I honestly don't know what to do. I live with the guy and work for him.

And I don't plan on dying anytime soon if I'm seen as his "weakness" like in stories on Wattpad.

"Who was the guy you brought to see the show?" I just recalled that she mentioned him on the plane.

"Someone I've been seeing for a few weeks but I don't think I'm that interested anymore." she groaned "I always do this"

"I understand, that's what happened with my ex" none of us cheated on each other but I just began to lose interest in him. In all likelihood, it was due to the image I created of him in my head compared to what he was actually like and I clearly liked the image of him more.

I didn't love him. The relationship wasn't long enough for me to love him, or at least tell him I did.

"You know who I see you with?" Amaya guided us through the workout.