CHAPTER 25

July 23rd 2021
Friday
(same day)

Sicily, Italy

Lombardi's Main Estate

3pm

3rd person's POV

It had been over an hour since the family all had lunch together. Stella wanted to talk to Madeleine one on one whilst Lorenzo was with his male relatives. Not like an interrogation but more to see her personality, how she felt about the mafia and her in general.

She had let Stella know that she liked travelling, going to the gym, gymnastics, she wanted a pet dog and more ear piercings, she's trilingual, loved watching shows and films and hated snakes (both figuratively and literally) and spiders.

"So tell me, how do you really feel about Lorenzo's job and lifestyle, I understand why it can be daunting since I still worry about my family's safety" Stella asked her. They were heading towards the patio where Elena, Emilia, Lucia and Diwa were at. The men - Stefano, Paolo, Lorenzo, Felix and Luke - had left to attend a meeting somewhere, they wouldn't be gone too long as Lorenzo had promised to take Maddy out.

"He wasn't the one that told me, I guess you could say that I'm nosy cause I found out with my friend who's with Valentino. Anyway, I'm not happy about it but there's not much that I can do, every now and then at the back of my mind I'm scared that something really bad might happen to him but I try to suppress those feelings because of the bodyguards and high tech security" Maddy gave Stella her honest answer.

"That makes sense, I feel the same way too at times and it would be stupid of me to say 'stop stressing' because it's easier said than done but I know he will try his best to keep us all safe" she tried her best to comfort her.

"So what's the plan for the week and at the party" Madeleine inquired. All she knew was that Stefano wanted close ones and their plus ones (aka her) to arrive a week prior to the celebration although she didn't know what would be occurring.

"Mainly catching up with those who are here, personally and business wise, and having lunch or dinner together, the party is just celebrating his birthday" Stella then explained.

"I'm so happy that my Enzo's settled down with you, I see how he smiles and smirks at you and looks at you like you're the most precious thing in the world, young love is the best. Next thing you know, you'll get married, have kids and no free time. Just make the most of the present" Stella rambled on, it's a habit of hers.

"So why aren't Valentino and his plus one here the same time as you and Madeleine?" Luke asked Lorenzo.

The men were at Felix's office in one of the many company buildings in Italy. They had just finished discussing to one another about how business was going in Italy and America. Stefano was also curious about why Valentino - who was like a second son to him - wasn't here.

"I've been meaning to say this but we have a problem back in New York. Dario discovered that there's a rat who's been giving the De Luca's information about us. I killed Leonardo and Alonzo in May, it's not like our families get along but they definitely want revenge somehow.
Only Dario, Valentino and I know of the rat. I'm positive that it's not those two. He's stayed back to make sure everything is going smoothly for now. It's someone in the house, including staff."