CHAPTER 24

Sicily Estate

July 23rd 2021Friday

July 23rd 2021
Friday

Sicily, Italy

Lombardi's Main Estate

12.30pm

Madeleine's POV

Breathe. I repeated to myself.

My heart was beating rapidly and my hands shook every now and then. At the moment, we - Lorenzo, Lucia and I - were exiting the black SUV that led us to the main Lombardi estate located in Sicily. The rest would be arriving in a couple of days.

Apparently, Lorenzo's dad was celebrating his 55th and a lot of people would be attending, though he wanted close family and friends to arrive a week prior to the party so my boyfriend thought it would be best to introduce me to all of his family members at once.

As much as I would love to meet his family and others, I just feel like it may be a bit too soon considering we haven't even been dating for a month. On the bright side, I guess I'm getting this over and done with.

His parents, who live in Sicily but often fly to New York from time to time, and a few other relatives were already here in Sicily.

We had passed the black gates and were now in front of the large wooden brown doors, grabbing our luggage out of the car. The mansion was a beige-like colour with bits of dark brown. It was located in such a picturesque area, large green mountains, beautiful clear sky, green trees and bushes and warm weather. According to Lorenzo, the garden had an enormous pool wit a jacuzzi, seating areas, a back house, fountain and lot of space.

The flight here honestly knocked me out so I slept in the car which was almost a 2 hour journey to the Lombardi's.

"Don't worry bambina they will all love you, besides my family's went out and they're on their way back so we can freshen up first before you meet them" he attempted to cheer me up as he took one of my suitcases with his own, I brought 2 because I tend to over pack, Lorenzo and Lucia brought one.

"We can go out later and I'll show you around, my brother will probably be doing a lot of business" Lucia nudged my shoulder and we entered the mansion. It was even more beautiful inside compared to outside, there were 2 large staircases on either side and guards around the area. The guards courteously took hold of our luggage and positioned them in our rooms whilst the siblings gave me a quick tour of the place including the backyard before we advanced back to our rooms.