CHAPTER 4

May 17th 2021
(3 days later)

6.50am

Maddy and Amaya's Penthouse

Madeleine's POV

My alarm started beeping and I slowly got up and stretched a bit. Today will be my first day at work and I have 2 days until I move in. I walked into my bathroom and got ready for the day; I brushed my teeth, showered, did my skincare routine and put my hair in a bun so it was out of the way for a while.

I put on a matching black lace bra and thong then I wore a dark red long sleeve top and black dress pants, black heels with matching earrings and a necklace. Then I put on makeup, red Kiko lipstick and let my hair down. Over the weekend, I got lash extensions and a black wavy wig.

Amaya was probably still sleeping since it's early, so I sent her a message letting her know I've left and she'll see it when she wakes up. I went downstairs and made myself some breakfast and ate it while scrolling through my phone. I felt nervous but I'm not gonna let anyone know that.

8.22am

There was a lot of traffic and so the GPS said it would take 35 minutes to get there. I need to be there by 9 so at least I'll get there in time.

Who am I kidding, I'm getting there late.

I honked my horn because this dickhead was walking across the road too slow whilst on his phone, as if we have all the day. Then another person crossed the road and walked even slower, oh my days. As soon as the light was the green, I pressed on the accelerator and continued my journey.

8.50am

Lorenzo's Office

I parked my car in the staff parking lot and rushed into the building, I checked the time on my watch and it's 8.53, I walked into the elevator and the doors were about to close but I heard someone shout, asking me to wait so I put my hand in between the doors in order to stop them. Then the man walked into the elevator.    

"Thank you" he said. He was about 5'11, light skinned with brown locs and light brown eyes.

"No problem" I replied.

"I've never seen you around here, are you new?" the man asked.

"Yeah I got the job as a lawyer and today's my first day" I said.

"Good luck, I'm Femi by the way" he said.

"I'm Madeleine, are you Nigerian?" I asked him, I can tell by the name.

"Yes on my mother's side and I take it that you're Nigerian too?" Femi said.

"Mhm" I replied. The elevator took a while so we just talked more. The elevator doors opened and I walked out, so did he. We laughed as we walked down the corridor.

"I can show you around the place since you're new here" Femi said before he was interrupted by a cold voice.

"No the fuck you won't, get to work Femi" a man stated, I turned around and saw that it was Mr Lombardi who was giving Femi the coldest glare. He did as told and went to his office. Then Mr Lombardi walked away almost immediately. Weird.