CHAPTER 6

May 20th 2021

7.35am

Lombardi's Mansion

Lorenzo's POV

My alarm went off and I quickly turned it off because I didn't want to wake up Madeleine who was still sleeping peacefully. Now we've made things even more unprofessional by sleeping in the same bed, but oh well.

To be fair, she did want to leave the room but she couldn't figure out how to open it and being honest, I was too tired and lazy to help her.

I got out of bed and put the duvet on her. Then I went into the bathroom to brush my teeth and shower. I haven't even known Madeleine that long but there was something about her that intrigued me.

Quietly, I walked into my walk-in closet to change into a dark blue button up shirt and black trousers. As I put my Rolex watch on, my phone started ringing. It's too early to be calling me right now.

"Why the f*ck are you calling me at this time?"

Valentino always tells me I invented road rage and I'm not denying it.

Although it's not my fault people don't drive properly. I was in a hurry to get to one of my enemies' location. One of my men had found the leader from a rival family, the De Luca family.

We have been rivals since before I was born, they've killed my uncles and kidnapped my mother. In return, my father had killed their leader and future leader.

Right now, Viola, Valentino, Andres, Dario and I were on our way to Leonardo De Luca's warehouse. We expected him and his brother to be there. Dario is good with computers and shit so he was going to stay in the car whilst hacking into to the security cameras at their warehouse. We're one step ahead. Gabriel's nanny wasn't available so Angelika was with him.

As I've said before, Viola's good at torturing people with knives and tricking thirsty men. Andres and I are good with guns. Valentino's my right hand man who's also a sniper and we both deal with shipments. Angelika is a doctor. She works at the hospital nearby and for me, obviously.

"You do realise we're shooting not stabbing?" Andres asked Viola.

"I know I'm not stupid" Viola replied rolling her eyes.

"Then why did you bring your knives?" Valentino jumped into their conversation.

"Cause I can stab and torture them after we shoot" she said. "Or when we shoot"

"Fair enough"

"Load your guns, we're here" I said while loading my gun and getting out of the car. They did as I said and got out of the car with their guns. We were right outside the gates and I shot 2 of the men guarding it. Andres shot the other man.

Dario lead us to the room Leonardo was in via the earpieces we all had. Valentino busted the door down and we made our way into to the basement of the warehouse. On our way, we heard footsteps, it was probably their bodyguards. Viola jumped onto one of them knocking them down to the ground and then stabbing the back of his neck 4 times. The others were shot by the rest of us.

Eventually, Dario directed us to the basement where we found Leonardo De Luca and his brother, Alonzo, talking to one another.

"How the fuck did they get in?" Alonzo shouted terrified.

With no hesitation, I aimed at Leonardo and pulled the trigger but he pushed his brother in front of him and started running away like a pussy. Valentino chased after him.