Part-Time

SUMMARY:

An asexual teacher falls in love with a teacher who has Erectile Dysfunction.

* * *

Zayn Malik is a 29 year old high school teacher who has found himself in a month and a half long romantic relationship with Harry Styles, a 27 year old teacher at the same school. Things seem to be going fine as they genuinely enjoy each other's company. But when a fellow teacher suddenly brings to Zayn's attention how strange it is that Harry has yet to approach him about sex, he takes it upon himself to ask Harry about it. What he eventually finds out is unexpected, but it opens them up to a new world of complete honesty, self love, new intimacy and shared discovery that they never thought possible until they met each other.

Warnings:

🔘 Some Language
🔘 Acephobia
🔘 Eventual sexual scenes (yes, you read that right)

IMPORTANT:

Asexual is one of the most misunderstood sexual orientations. Perhaps it may even be the most misundertstood. Why do I say that? Because unlike the more popular sexualities that seem to primarily focus on gender as the "sex" in "sexuality", asexuality focuses on the physical act of "sex" itself and one's desire for it.

Asexuality is defined as the lack of sexual attraction to others, or low or absent interest in or desire for sexual activity. - (Google)

The fact is, asexual people can be gay, lesbian, heterosexual, bisexual, pansexual etc. But they can also be transgender, cisgendered, genderfluid, non-binary, etc. So it is not confined to a particular gender identity and it is not a stand alone sexual orientation.

Because of this clear difference, those who identify as asexual often face what is called Acephobia. Acephobia is defined as discrimination against asexual people - (Google). And you may be surprised to learn that asexual people are even discriminated against within the LGBT+ community. The most common reason for this is a lack of understanding on the orientation. And it is not always intentional. Some people just genuinely don't know.

Well, his story aims to clarify that understanding a little by tackling some of the misconceptions about those who identify as asexual by looking through the lens of a lighthearted, romantic, and yes, gay and cisgendered couple. I hope you will enjoy reading it.

*****

- I am super excited to write this one. Don't worry. This is a regular Zarry romance short story. So don't feel like this is going to be a long, drawn out, brow beating book. The focus isn't on asexuality or acephobia nearly as much as it's on Zarry falling in love because after all, asexual people are just another part of the LGBT+ community. No need to focus on it that much in a romance book!

- There isn't more to say here, but this one will be kind of a switch Zarry since I haven't written one of those in a while.

- Hope to read your comments and thoughts and I look to start this one soon.