9: Butter and Popcorn

As much as Zayn did wonder just how long he'd have to wait to see Harry in a suit, it turns out it isn't long at all.

When Zayn arrives at Harry's cabin and Harry answers the door, he's dressed up in a navy blue suit and a burgundy bowtie.

"Wow. Do my eyes deceive me?" Zayn asks?" As he steps inside.

"Ah, you have jokes."

"Actually I'm only half joking. The other half of me is serious. Are you sure you're not a mirage right now?"

Harry closes the door.

"I am sure. But I'll take your surprise to mean you like the way I look."

"I do. You look handsome."

"Thank you. I like your suit too. As always."

"Thanks."

"So I'm pretty much ready. I just need to get my keys and my coat."

"Okay."

Zayn stands by the front door and waits patiently for Harry to return. When he comes back, they get in his car and head to the restaurant where they'll be having dinner.

Only minutes later they arrive and go inside. A man directs them to their table.

"Wow. I can't believe we were actually able to get a table for two here on this day of all days." Zayn says.

"Well, I booked in advance."

"How far in advance?"

"Like a month ago."

"A whole month?"

"Pretty much."

"And... what made you book that far in advance?"

"The night I shared my biggest secret with you and you didn't run away."

He chuckles. "Wait. Seriously?"

"Yes."

"Why did that make you book a valentines date?"

"Because I knew that if you didn't mind staying and holding me that night, then you'd still be around after that because there isn't anything worse I could tell you. And since this is actually my first Valentines Day with someone, I was not going to miss this opportunity. So it's my treat tonight and you can order whatever you'd like."

Zayn blushes.

"I'm your first valentines? Really?"

"Mhm. I've never had a date this time of year. Especially after what happened to me."

"Then I hope I'm not making you uncomfortable when I say I feel kinda special."

"No. I'm not uncomfortable. Because you are special."

Zayn shyly picks up his menu and begins to look over it. Harry likes him as he is and he doesn't think he'll ever get over that.

⭐ ⭐ ⭐

Later when Zayn and Harry's meals have mostly been eaten, their waiter returns to their table.

"How are the two love birds doing tonight?" He asks, his French accent coating each word he speaks.

"Fine."

"I'm good."

"Can I interest you in a dessert from our dessert menu? There are many and each are..." He makes the chef's kiss gesture. "...délicieux."

"I bet. But I don't think we have room for dessert." Zayn says.

"Absurdité. There's always room for dessert."