4: Macaroni and Cheese

On Thursday evening, Harry pulls into the driveway of a big yellow house with limestone. Beautiful pink Crape Myrtles line the concrete driveway that lead to the two car garage. This is the home of Harry's mother, Anne Styles.

For Harry, Anne is the most beautiful and supportive woman in the entire world. Everything that Harry has gone through in his lifetime, he has never gone through it alone. She has always been by his side every step of the way. But she hasn't been there alone.

His sister Gemma has also been there for Harry every step of the way. She's three years older than Harry and she has been the big sister most younger brothers wish they had. She's got the biggest heart too. Evident in the fact that four years ago she'd opened her home and adopted the most adorable little four year old girl, Mei Kwong, who is now eight.

So since Harry obviously values his mother and sister as much as he does, it also means he values their opinion. That's why he didn't hesitate to ask them to convene at his mother's house for an important dicussion. Their opinion is needed now, maybe more than ever.

He parks in the driveway next to his sister's car and then gets out. By the time he makes it up to the front door, Mei is already coming out to meet him.

"Uncle Harry!"

He catches her just in time as she jumps up and onto him.

"Whoa! Someone is very excited today. How are you, my little flower?"

"Good."

"How was school?"

"Boring. Too much work."

"Oh, no. That's not good. We have to change that and change that soon. What do you say we tell those mean teachers to give the kids a break, huh?"

"Yeah." She smiles and then plays with her beautiful silky black hair.

"Where's your mom?"

"Inside."

"Well, let's go see her then. Uncle Harry has something very important to discuss with her."

He puts her down and they go inside together.

"Mom!"

"In here, darling!"

The sound seems to be coming from the kitchen, so he makes his way there. Sure enough, both Anne and Gemma are there and they're making something.

"It smells sweet in here."

"It should. We're making oatmeal raisin cookies." Gemma says.

"And I'm going to eat them all." Mei says.

"No you're not. They're for everyone." Gemma says.

"Okay then, most."

"No. Only two for now. We'll take some home."

"Fine."

When she's off to play, Harry leans against the counter.

"How were your days."

"Mine was pretty good. Work was a pain, though. "Gemma says.