3: Biscuits and Gravy

For the the rest of the weekend, Harry does not speak to Zayn and Zayn does not speak to Harry.

Learning that Zayn is asexual was a complete shock for Harry. In all his life as a gay man, he never expected that he could be the one to end up in a relationship with someone who wasn't attracted to him sexually. Or at the most, barely at all.

Did it hurt?

Kind of.

Was that a selfish point of view?

He would like to say it wasn't.

But the fact is there are more people in the world who experience sexual attraction than not. And once he factors in that there are even less asexual men who are attracted to other men, it was probably very hard for Zayn to find someone he thought he could like and be with.

Harry is apart the LGBTQ+ community. He knows that. But it's not until now that he really understands what the plus sign really entails. And since being asexual also makes Zayn apart of that community, then it's not up to Harry to judge him, be offended for him or discriminate against something Zayn cannot control. His only responsibility is to try to understand him and learn about him. To see where they can meet and find a common ground.

Besides, why wouldn't he want to do that? He really likes Zayn. And while he knows he is the first person Zayn has felt at ease with, the feeling is mutual. It's been nice to be in a relationship where he can escape the pressure of having sex before he's ready. Really nice, actually. Perhaps there are some perks to asexuality. He just needs to discover what they are so that he can know if this relationship will be suitable for him or not.

On Monday morning, Harry repeats his same old routine. Except this morning's breakfast is an egg scrambler cup.

When he arrives at school, he's expecting to see Zayn there. But he's not there. Although that in itself is not too big of a deal since Harry's eagerness to see Zayn is what made him show up to work earlier than usual. So he waits a little longer for him to arrive. But when he looks at the clock and sees there are only four minutes before the kids start to come in, he begins to worry.

Is Zayn avoiding him? Did he hurt his feelings Saturday night? Why didn't he just apologize even if he wasn't ready? Things would be so much easier this morning. How is he supposed to fix this now?

As he gets out of the car and heads inside the building, he thinks about texting him and telling him he's sorry. But that's the cowards way to go. If he hurt his feelings face to face, he should apologize face to face. Or at least call him so he can hear his voice. It would be the more gentleman thing to do.

As soon as Harry reaches his classroom, the bell rings. He's so glad he doesn't gave a homeroom or first class to worry about because there is a feeling of sadness and guilt clouding over him that he hasn't had proper time to rid yet and each and every one of his students will easily notice it.

But maybe he deserves to feel this way. It's what he gets for not handling Zayn's news better.

Almost as if his thoughts have summoned Zayn, his cellphone rings on top of his desk. The second he sees Zayn's caller ID, he answers it in a hurry.

"Hello?"

"Hey, Harry."

"Oh thank goodness you're calling. Are you okay?"

"Uh, sort of. I'm going to be late."

"Late? You mean you still want to come to work?"

Zayn laughs quietly. "Uh, yeah. Why wouldn't I? Is there something there I should be avoiding?"