12: Chips and Dip

Harry remembers how disappointed he was when this school year started and he realized he no longer shared the same lunch with Zayn. He'd grown to become good friends with him and he liked his company. He really wanted to have it more. But he couldn't. So he couldn't get to sit and listen to his thoughts or laugh at his jokes. He knew he was going to miss that.

But it wasn't just because they were friends that he knew he would miss it. He knew he would miss it because he'd taken a liking to Zayn. One that was more than friendly. But the problem was out of all the things he'd shared with Zayn so far, his Erectile Dysfunction was not among them.

How could he have known how Zayn would react? What if it was a bad idea to say something like that? Would he scare him away? He considered that. So he stayed quiet until he could figure out a way to bring it up during a conversation. Then hopefully by then Zayn would like his personality so much that he would disregard it and date him anyway.

But that carefully crafted strategy was ruined when he noticed Ms. Flagg throwing herself at Zayn and flirting with him constantly. Not only that, she had the same lunch period as him. So there were so many more opportunities for her to try to persuade him to go out with her or at the very least, sleep with her.

Harry knew this. So three months into the school year, he took the leap. He didn't know if Zayn liked her or if he even liked men at all. Still, he asked him to dinner and hoped for the best. To his surprise, the best was a "yes." He successfully took Zayn off the market and didn't have to feel embarrassed or rejected.

At that time, Harry saw Zayn as a lucky man who just about had it all. He seemed flawless and imperfect to him. But the problem was he wasn't the only one who felt like that. Ms. Flagg felt that way and still does. And she is willing to do anything to get a piece of it. Even lie.

Well Harry isn't happy with that at all. It's upsetting that just when he thought he was finding his place in this world- just when he thought he was settling with somone he cared about and that cared about him- Ms. Flagg comes along in an attempt to purposely sabotage it. And what is worse is the fact that Zayn seems to not want to do anything about it. Why is that?

Harry is standing behind Zayn outside his front door. He'd followed Zayn to his place after work so they could sit and discuss what happened in more detail and away from campus.

"I'm so pissed that she thinks she can do this to you. And that smirk on her face... I want to take it off for good."

"Harry." Zayn says quietly as he finally gets the door unlocked. "I thought you'd be more calmed down by now. It's been hours."

"Calm? How can I be calm when it's something this serious? What's happening is not fair and you know this, Zayn."

"I do know that."

"And she's not going to get away with it."

"She won't. Principal Vera isn't going to let that happen."

"And what about you?"

Zayn sits his bag down on the floor just inside the door.

"What do you mean?"

"You're just going to let her do this to you?"

"No." He frowns. "I'm going to let Principal Vera do her job."

"And how do you suppose that takes place? What exactly do you think she can do or prove?"

Zayn doesn't answer. He doesn't have an answer. Instead he walks through the house and down the hallway.

"Zayn."

"What?"

"You didn't answer me."

"I don't know. Okay? I don't know."