15: Cake and Ice Cream

What would life be like if I could find someone who truly loved me for me?

That was a question Zayn had so often asked himself. After having been in relationships where men expected sex as the norm, he began to wonder if all he could do was dream and fantasize. What would life be like?

But now it's no longer something Zayn daydreams about. Because he gets to live it every day with Harry Styles. And he gets to do it without the pressure of having unwanted sex or Ms. Flagg harassing him every time he walks into the school building. And what a huge relief that has been.

It's currently summer now.

Zayn and Harry haven't had sex since the night Harry told Zayn he didn't want to do it for a while. So Zayn still hasn't had the opportunity to make the next time special for him. But that doesn't even matter. The love they have built up to this point hasn't gone anywhere. In fact, it has only grown stronger.

School is now out for the summer. So Zayn and Harry are taking advantage of their off days and spending time together. Although Ms. Flagg had been fired and never heard from again, the end of the school year was still the busiest time of the year. So it's nice that they get to sit back and just do fun stuff for a while.

Today their idea of "fun stuff" means spending the day with Mei.

Harry had just called Zayn and told him he'd be pulling up in his driveway soon. So by the time he drives up in his black SUV, Zayn is already standing in the doorway. He opens the door and steps out to meet them. Right away, Mei jumps out of the passenger side and runs up to him.

"Hey, Uncle Zayn!"

He's so concerned for her that he doesn't even recognize that is the first time she has ever called him that.

"Did you just get out of the front passenger seat?"

"Uh huh."

"Why?"

"Uncle Harry said it was okay. Because he had to get something."

"Oh my gosh, did he really?"

"Mhm. He also said you might get mad but he said not to 'cause he have a surprise for you. So you have to go close your eyes."

Zayn looks worried. "Okay... I'll close my eyes. But... we're going to have to talk to Uncle Harry."

"Okay. Close your eyes."

"I'm closing them."

Because she's only eight, he covers them with his hands like a kid and then let's her lead him by the shirt to his bedroom.

"Okay. Now sit on your bed. He's coming."

"Alright."

"But don't peek. Keep your eyes covered."

"They're covered."

Zayn sits down on the bed and waits. It seems to take forever but after a couple of minutes he finally hears Harry's voice in his room.

"Okay, now open."

Zayn opens his eyes and even though they open to Harry, his attention is quickly taken by what's in his hands. On the left side, shapes of red, black and gold, and on the other side, a beautiful black and white sketch. He stands up and slowly walks toward him.

"Are those real?"

"Of course they are."

"What? How did you..."

"They were for sale. Remember?"

Zayn looks over the two masterpieces. The same two that had captured his attention the most when they visited the art gallery that day.