Chapter 22

IMPORTANT!! Just in case you missed the note I added at the end of Chapter 21, Tiramisu cookie is a separate cookie from the canon! This cookie is the same age as (Y/N)!!

(Y/N)'s eyes fluttered, the tendrils of sunlight peering through her eyelids to ease her awake. Her limbs stretched out while she let out a large yawn, feeling satisfied after sleeping for a healthy amount of time in a while. The 8 hours felt great, her legs felt so much better as well as the rest of her sickly body, as if nothing had ever happened to her in the first place.

Opening her eyes, she looked around to the familiar bedroom she stayed in for all of this time. The curtains blew silently to the left of her, and the blankets hugged her comfortingly. The flicker of a purple flame next to her bedside danced in triumph as if it were celebrating her arousal from sleep, happy to see that it finally recognized it's hard work of dimly illuminating the room at night. Her chest heaved slowly, taking in the scent of rainbow jellies that sat near the candle, awaiting for her to pop every one of them in her mouth.

"Are you awake dear?" a voice croaked. The door had cracked open to the gaze of Sopapilla cookie peering to see (Y/N).

"Sopapilla cookie?" she responded, dazed but welcoming her inside.

"Did you sleep well? You've been asleep for a while," the elder pulled up a stool, taking a seat in front of the cookie in bed.

"Yeah, but I had this really long and weird dream," (Y/N) rubbed away the sleepiness in her eyes.

"Oh? Tell me more."

"Well, I guess I had gotten jailed up in the kingdom, for some reason I had done something wrong? I don't know what I did."

"Oh, I'm sure you'd never do anything like that, dear," Sopapilla cooed, placing the jellies in her lap to help feed (Y/N).

"Yeah, I'd never do anything to hurt anybody here. Even the prince in my dream believed so," (Y/N) continued. "He saved me from the dungeons and ran away with me."

"Where did you all go?" Sopapilla suddenly averted her attention back to (Y/N).

She was a bit bewildered with how interested she was with her dream once she mentioned she had left, but she blew it off. "I don't really know. We had gone somewhere in the woods. Deep in the woods. We just kind of.. followed the wind, you know?"

Sopapilla shook her head. "Are you sure you don't remember where you went?"

"No... I guess that's just how dreams work, huh? No real sense of direction, everything just kind of happens."

The elderly cookie lifted a spoonful of jelly to (Y/N)'s lips, signaling her to eat. However, (Y/N) lightly pushed away the spoon away from her mouth gently.

"Dear, you really need to eat!"

"But I don't feel very hungry."

"I'm very sure you're absolutely starving, who knows the last time you've eaten?"

(Y/N) still refused, making Sopapilla falter and place the jellies back onto the nightstand. The elderly cookie looked extremely surprised that she didn't want a bite.

"Why don't you want any?" she asked.

"I don't know. I guess my dream made me really full..." (Y/N) wandered off on her words.

"We'll, what did you eat? Surely you must have been feasting if it affected you in reality."

"Well, Dark Cacao is an excellent hunter, and he would, yknow... hunt rabbits and other animals out in the woods."

"Hm," Sopapilla muttered.

(Y/N) shifted uncomfortably, looking around the room to try and find something to say. Her gaze drifted over the paintings, briefly viewing the many strokes on the canvas. Just then she saw some of the strokes drift and mix, like the paint was still wet. It swirled for only a moment, but quickly dried back up.