Chapter 24

The room around Marble cookie spun for a moment when he opened his eyes, awakening from his drunken slumber. He had completely forgotten about the many hours before of Sopapilla's job. When he finally gained his bearings, regaining a steady posture after slumping upside down in his chair, he was left confused when he saw his office left a mess. Well, more messy than it was beforehand.

Everything was on the ground except for a ginormous book sitting square in the middle of his desk. Leaning forward, he discovered a square note sitting atop it's cover. It read:

I know where he is, the prince may still be alive. Meet me in the library to discuss my discoveries. - Sopapilla cookie

Marble cookie narrowed his eyes at the neat handwriting while his head still throbbed. "How did she find his whereabouts..?" he mumbled before looking at the cover of the book. He brushed the note away, revealing the fancy illuminated letters shining the words "Blessings and Spells".

The advisor almost choked realizing what she had done. He was infuriated, the only thing he permitted her to do was estimate a location based upon the maps!

It only took him a minute to burst through his office doors and storm down the halls, yelling curses in his mind of what he'll do to the old maid. I shouldn't have let her have access to everything! I need to lock my office doors and refuse to make testy decisions when I'm drunk. How stupid could I have been?!

He stomped into the library, looking around the vast and cavernous space for the elder. His eyes eventually locked onto Sopapilla's cream colored hair peeking behind a plush purple chair seated towards the fireplace.

"I will have you arrested for another count of treason if you don't give me a valid explanation of why you opened my spell book! That book is strictly prohibited for anybody other than a high priest to read!" Marble cookie spat. Sopapilla didn't turn around to look at him, reaching for her tea cup that sat on a table next to her instead.

"Have a seat," her voice said evenly, her hand holding the tea motioning towards the chair next to her.

Marble huffed, adjusting his robes. He plopped himself down on the chair next to her. "Start talking before I send in the guards."

"You're very impatient, I guess it's just how you royals are," she said, placing her cup down before lookin up at him blankly.

Marble cookie frowned. "You have no place to poke fun of your higher ranks."

"Oh, hogwash. You're all so rigid too," Sopapilla cleared her throat, "I understand that you may not see the whole situation clearly."

"I was asleep the entire time you were going against my orders!"

"You never told me what items to keep my hands off of."

Marble cookie felt his face grow hot with anger. "It is common knowledge that spell books are sacred objects only to be handled by—"

"You said that earlier, dear, I heard you."

He stifled back him rage, trying to regain his regal disposition. She has a quick tongue.

"Well, I'll start off once I had first seen your desk. Might I say you've become quite... disorganized from how you used to be. Must be all of this liquor you're ingesting," she cocked her brow at him, "You've really lost yourself to become a drunkard after the prince has vanished, it's not good for your image."

"I don't want to hear about what I've done, I want your sins to be confessed."

"They're not sins, dear."