𝟎𝟎𝟒. no man's land

'And you took nails out of a guy's brain? Nails?'

CODE BLUE

CODE BLUE

004. NO MAN'S LAND

season one, episode four

────────

"SO, YOU ARE OFFICIALLY MOVING OUT," Emily said leaning against his bedroom door as she watched Derek pack his bags. 

"I'll come to visit," he said with a soft smile.

"You will be always welcome to stay here whenever you freeze to death in your little tin can," she said, a playful smile on her lips.

"I know you will miss me, Hale," Derek said, coming closer to her.

"You wish, Shepherd," she responded. Emily heard her heart beating in her chest, sparks igniting as Derek leaned in close, lips brushing together, tentatively, for the first time. Derek allowed the soft scent of coconut of her conditioner to intoxicate him. Warmth consumed him as she deepened the kiss. Her lips were soft, almost silken against his own. 

They deepened the kiss, finally allowing weeks of built-up sexual tension between the two to flow through their lips. Derek's hands traveled down her back while hers softly tugged his hair. Derek picked her up by the waist, and Emily intertwined her legs on his waist. He gently laid her down on the bed, never partying their lips.

⋆⋅☆⋅⋆

TWO DAYS LATER, Emily arrived at the hospital surprised to be missing Derek Shepherd that much. It felt weird that morning without him. Emily had gotten used to having him there. To make him chocolate chip pancakes or french toast in the morning, always with fruit so he could pretend to be healthy. She had gotten accustomed to hearing him speak about ferry boats, and preparing him hot cocoa whenever he lost a patient.

She barely stepped out of the locker room before she met Derek, almost as if summoned by her thoughts.

"You're here early," she hummed.

"I have a cordotomy at 5:00. I'll be out at 6:00. I thought I might buy your breakfast before your rounds," Derek said. "But I bet you have already eaten those wonderful chocolate chip pancakes."