𝟎𝟏𝟗. what have i done to deserve this?

CODE BLUE

CODE BLUE

019. WHAT HAVE I DONE TO DESERVE THIS?

season two, episode nineteen

────────

WHEN JOANNA WOKE UP, SHE QUICKLY NOTICED SHE WASN'T ALONE IN BED. She opened her eyes in shock as memories of the last night flooded her mind. Getting drunk. Christopher. Shit. Christopher.

Joanna groaned and looked up to find Christopher sleeping soundly beside her. His body was turned away from her, and his breathing was steady and deep. Joanna allowed herself a small moment of disappointment before she slowly pushed herself out of bed. She was struck with a wave of guilt and shame as she remembered the night before. God, even after getting drunk and sleeping with her best friend she still had the same fucking nightmare. It overwhelmed her as it had actually happened. The images blurred together, but she remembered the pain.

Joanna sighed as she grabbed her clothes and shamefully walked out of his bedroom. It wasn't the first time they had slept together, and Joanna had a feeling they were going to play this off the same way they did all the other times: pretend as if it never happened.

She headed into her bathroom for a shower, trying hard to shake off any remaining remnants of the dream from her mind. As much as she wanted to forget about it, it felt impossible; like pieces were still stuck inside of her mind, refusing to leave her. Joanna felt nauseated as she sat on the shower floor, tears filling her eyes. How could she possibly get rid of a nightmare if even awake she was still living through it?

⋆⋅☆⋅⋆

"DO YOU KNOW how sometimes, even the best of us make rash decisions?" Joanna began as she sat down with Derek for coffee. "Bad decisions. Decisions we pretty much know we're gonna regret the moment, the minute, especially the morning after."

Derek blinked. "What did you do?"

"I mean maybe not regret, regret because at least you know we put ourselves out there. But still, something inside us decides to do a crazy thing," she continued, ignoring his question. "A thing we know that'll probably turn around and bite us in the ass. Yet, we do it anyway."

Derek sighed heavily. "Did you sleep with Mark?"

"No," Joanna responded, slightly offended that he thought so little of her.

"Than who did you sleep with?" He asked.

"Christopher."

Derek's eyes widened. "You slept with Christopher?" he asked. "Christopher Hughes? Third-year resident in this hospital? Your roommate? My only guy friend in this entire city?"