𝟎𝟏𝟎. let it be

CODE BLUE

010. LET IT BE

season two, episodes seven and eight

────────

JOANNA LEANED AGAINST THE DOOR OF THE INTERN'S LOCKER ROOM, WAITING IMPATIENTLY FOR HER DUCKLINGS TO SHOW UP. She was nibbling on her muffin next to Christopher when she heard Bailey's interns coming out of the locker, gossiping, per usual. "She didn't even know he was married," Alex muttered.  "I mean, his wife just shows up and he dumps her. I heard she flipped out."

"What did she expect?" Isobel Stevens said. "She got what she deserved. Dating an attending!"

"Dating Mc Dreamy," Cristina added sarcastically. Joanna and Christopher exchanged an annoyed glance.

"Have you seen his hair? No guy is that perfect," George added.

"I think it's kinda sad," Meredith said. "She has to work here. With him. With them. Everyone knows."

"Why don't you all mind your own business for a change?" Joanna said coldly, earning a chorus of  "Sorry, Dr. Rhodes."

"Well, we have to do something," Christopher said. "Emily has become like an exhibit. Like a zoo animal, like that rare panda that everyone stares at."

"Please don't say that to her face," Joanna groaned. "I think that panda died alone."

They stopped talking as Addison and Derek approached them, arguing like always. "You are being unreasonable," Derek said to Addison, before turning to his friends. "Christopher, Joanna, come on tell her she is being unreasonable!"

"Why?" Christopher asked.

"Our therapist asked what we would need to make our marriage work," Addison said. "So he said he needed me to move to Seattle, and I said I would do that if he stopped talking to Emily."

"You are being unreasonable," Joanna said. "He can't completely cut her out of his life."

"But it is only fair," Christopher argued, and Joanna had to fight really hard the urge to slap his head. "He wants her to pick up her entire practice and move here without making a concession? It's not fair."

"Aren't you supposed to be my friend?" Derek protested.

"Addie, he can't completely give up on talking to her," Joanna reasoned.

"See once again it's all about what he wants!" Addison protested.

"You are not listening to me!" Derek said. "I'm not gonna move back to Manhattan. I'm not the same person you're used to."