𝟎𝟏𝟒. begin the begin

'Does that mean we actually get to have a life?'

CODE BLUE

014. BEGIN THE BEGIN

season two, episodes thirteen and fourteen

────────

"LISTEN UP, PEOPLE. NEW YEAR, NEW RULES. OR SHOULD I SAY NEW YEAR AND WE WILL BE ENFORCING THE RULES MANDATED BY THE RESIDENCY REVIEW COMMITTEE," Richard Webber said to the crowd of doctors. "There were too many mistakes made last year. Fatigue played too big a role. Exceeding 80 hours per week will not be tolerated."

Aaron Dunn leaned in and whispered to Meredith. "Does that mean we get to have a life?"

"I think so," Meredith muttered back to her boyfriend in awe.

"Dunn, you were on-call for 28 hours, leave when you hit 30," Dr. Webber said. "Grey you were here until 2 am last night, see you at noon."

"I get to go? Free time?" Meredith asked her boyfriend.

"Run before he changes his mind," Aaron whispered. He kissed her cheek and Meredith left.

"Oh, and people our nurses are gonna have to work extra hours to compensate so treat them well. Cranky nurses don't do us any good," Dr. Webber said.

"Well, maybe you can cheer them up," Izzie said to Alex Karev, making the interns laugh. Izzie stopped walking and turned around. "You know what? My New Year's resolution was to let it go, and I am. I have let it go. I apologize."

Both groups of interns gathered and began walking down the hallway together. They met with Bailey and began doing rounds. It went relatively uneventful until they entered Denny Duquette's room.

"Denny Duquette," Bailey said with a smile.

"Hey, Dr. Bailey," Denny said.

"I hope seeing your face in here means that they finally found you a heart."

"No offense but I'm not a big fan of hospitals. It takes something pretty special to get me in here," Danny said.

"What do we know about Mr. Duquette?" Bailey asked Izzie Stevens.

Denny, however, was faster to answer. "Capricorn, single, loves to travel and cook." '

"Denny, be quiet," Bailey interrupted. "Let her show off."