𝟎𝟏𝟐. owner of a lonely heart

CODE BLUE

012. OWNER OF A LONELY HEART

season two, episodes ten and eleven

────────

"GOOD MORNING DUCKLINGS," JOANNA SAID AS HER INTERNS APPROACHED HER. She smiled as she spotted Aaron carrying a cup of cappuccino. "I love you," she muttered to her intern as he handed her the coffee. "Addison is taking care of quintuplets, and there are five of you. That means each of you gets a baby. So, let's move."

They all nodded and rushed to follow her as she guided them to Dorie Russell's room. When they entered the room, Addison introduced them. "Dorie, this is Dr. Rhodes. She will be working with us on this case alongside her brilliant interns, each of these fine doctors will be assigned to one baby."

"Oh, the more the merrier," Dorie smiled.

Nicholas smiled. "Apparently. How far along are you?"

"32 weeks," Dorie answered.

Addison turned to the interns. "How long is the normal gestation period?"

"40 weeks but with twins, 36 weeks is considered full term so with quints 34 weeks is considered extremely successful," Mia responded, earning a smile from Joanna.

"I plan on going on 36 weeks," Dorie said, before turning to her stomach. "No one is leaving this uterus until I say so."

"Power of positive thinking, huh?" Joanna asked with a smile.

"Well that, bed rest and all the medical care you can give me," Dorie grinned.

Joanna smiled and guided her interns out of the room. "Until those babies come, Kennedy, you are with Chief Webber; Dunn with Hale and Werther; Underwood with Shepherd; Simmons at the pit, and Cervantes with me, on Mrs. Russell's case. When the babies come I will page you, and you will come running to do you understand?"

"Yes, Dr. Rhodes," they echoed. 

⋆⋅☆⋅⋆

"HEY," Joanna rushed after Addison. "Congratulations on signing the contract."