𝟎𝟏𝟑. grandma got run over by a reindeer

CODE BLUE

013. GRANDMA GOT RUN OVER BY A REINDEER

Grey's Anatomy season 2, episode 12 

⋆⋅☆⋅⋆

TW: domestic violence

────────

DECEMBER 23RD - MORNING

"LISTEN UP DUCKLINGS,"  Joanna said as she entered the hospital in her regular clothes, her luggage waiting for her in the car. "The Chief has been kind enough to let me go to Chicago this Christmas since I have some left-over off days and I will be covering for Dr. Bailey's maternity leave." 

"So you are covering for Dr. Bailey?" Aaron asked.

"Do you think she would let anyone else near her interns?" Joanna asked. "You will be under Dr. Bailey's supervision, but since the holidays are a busy season for the hospital if you can't reach her, you contact Dr. Hughes or Dr. Hale."

"Joanna," Emily pulled her friend towards the hospital exit. "You are going to miss your flight."

"If you embarrass me while I'm gone I'll be on an airplane to kick your asses faster than you can say 'sorry Dr. Rhodes', understood?"

"Yes, Dr. Rhodes," they echoed.

"Merry Christmas, Dr. Rhodes!" Mia shouted as Joanna was dragged by Emily towards the door.

⋆⋅☆⋅⋆

"JOANNA!" Connor rushed to hug his sister as tightly as he could as soon as she stepped foot out of the airport terminal. "I can't believe you are here."