{Epilogue} Chapter 22

It's been three years since that summer and Carissa has regretted the decision she made about Luke almost every second of every day. She couldn't bring herself to move on or go out on dates, even if they were just friendly with no commitment.

She was too hung up on the relationship she never had with a guy she might be in love with. Now she was finishing up her sixth semester of college in England.

Yeah, she actually went across an entire ocean to go to a college, but they offered to pay for a little more than half of her tuition each semester if she would attend their university, and with the student work program she was apart of and the job she had, she figured she would graduate with less than 500 dollars per semester for student debt.

It was currently three in the afternoon and Carissa was walking down the street to a coffee shop a few blocks away from her apartment. Her friends loved to meet up here at least once a week just to catch up with one another, since hardly any of them had the same schedules this year.

Carissa took two steps onto the bridge before noticing someone's frame that looked very familiar. She couldn't tell for sure who it was, since his back was facing her, but she could've sworn she knew exactly who it was without seeing his face.

She hadn't seen him in years and she wasn't ready to face him now. Saved by the bell (meaning her cell phone's ringtone) she took the device out of her pocket and answered the call without checking the caller ID.

"Hello?" She asked into the receiver. She walked over to the edge of the tiny bridge hoping the crowd will hide from sight of the man she's trying to avoid.

"Hey! How's England?" Robyn asked from the other side of the line, which just so happens to be on another continent. She had decided to stay in the U.S., just not local. She's attending Arizona State, though Carissa could've sworn Robyn was supposed to be on a plane right now, flying her out to Italy for her next two semesters for the study abroad program she had signed up for.

"Same old, same old." Carissa replies, looking out at the Thames River and letting out a sigh.

"What nothing interesting has happened yet?" She asked. And by the sound of her voice Carissa knew she had done something that would possibly make Carissa go homicidal, as long as her cousin was the one she was murdering.

"What do you mean?" Carissa asked, no longer feeling the peacefulness that the view of this river almost always brought her.

"I mean you haven't seen any interesting people yet?"

Carissa felt this dread sink in her as she glanced out of the corner of her eye to the man she was trying to avoid, still signing autographs with one other guy, this one slightly shorter and with very dark brown, almost black hair.

"You know someone that you may have had a little summer romance with when you were a minor living back here in the states." Robyn continued, being annoyingly obvious.

"You know I have Netflix right?" Carissa asks calmly enough.

"Uh.....yeah?"

"That means that I have access to every CSI season anytime of day. I only need to watch one season to know how to make your death look like an accident." She seethed into the phone.

"Chill cuz. Do you honestly think I would have the power to get a hold of them, convince their manager to delay their world tour for two weeks, then get a hold of every single one of those boys to convince them to go England just so your little Lukey-Pukey can find you, romance you, and make you fall in love with him and you guys can run off into the sunset together? 'Cause if so then you're wrong. It was me, Kye, Julia, Emily, and even your parents." Robyn said. She had been talking so long that Carissa hadn't noticed the guy had broken away from the group of fans and had started towards her. If she had, then she would have ran for the hills.