chapter two

Dad was home by the time I was downstairs. I smiled at my family. I missed them a lot. I couldn't stay a day without speaking to at least one of them.
       "Dawn!!"I raised my head. I couldn't eat. I don't know what was really going on in my head. I had a lot of things to think of. I need to be careful around people. I feel insecure around certain people especially around the guy i met in school. He didn't look like a student. At a point, I thought he was a lecturer only to be told he was a prince. I didn't believe....
  "Dawn!!"
that brought me back to earth,"what's the matter?" " honestly dad I don't know."  Dad wiggled on his seat trying to adjust." Tell me,we're ready to help." Max ate his food quietly listening to the conversation. "I feel insecure around men." Max stifled his laughter. "I feel they'll one day abduct me you know..." Max abruptly interrupted with a husky laughter. "Sis,you're scared of men." He laughed more, I was really getting pissed off. " stop laughing. I'm serious"  Mum's expression was funny. You could tell she tried so hard to stifle her laughter.
" fine, mum laugh"
" no darling...," I cut in
" no laugh alright."
Dad ate silently. "You guys are really annoying." I got up angrily pushing my food to Max stomping to my room murmuring some words.

                    (Max's P.O.V)
Honestly I couldn't hold it anymore. Oh c'mon how would she be scared of men. Men don't bite. Gosh!!it's damn funny when I think of it.
"Sis you're scared of men." I had to say it loud. Her expression was another reason I had to laugh more. Mum tried but my dear sister caught her on spot. I watched her expression, she got really pissed off. I couldn't hide it when she stomped off grudgingly. Dad finally spoke. "Why did you guys have to laugh?" I calmed down cause right now dad wasn't smiling. "You know what, enjoy dinner. I need to be in bed. I'm jet-lagged." I pursed my lips. Now I'm feeling guilty. 'Why do I have to always be the one apologizing 'I asked myself. Cause seriously, it's getting annoying. I went to her room,saw her glowing. " wtf" I cursed.
      She was glowing, around her covered in something like mist. Her hands curled up and her hair swinging around her back. I was so surprised. I had no words. I couldn't find my words right at this point.
     " Dawn!!" I called her thrice before she finally fell down on the floor. Rushing towards her, her blue eyes was deeper now. She looked at me."Max?"her voice was weak." I'm sorry "she forced a smile out " what happened?" she closed her eyes. "I don't know Max. Everything has just been funny lately ." I helped her to her bed. I knelt beside her bed massaging her legs.
"At some point I feel like a creature,sometimes I feel like a kind of adrenaline's flowing through my veins so fast that I feel electrocuted and besides I'm fine." She smiled at me. I wasn't buying the idea of she's fine. " we need to get you checked up."  " no, I'm fine." " you're not." We argued before I still stuck to her plan.

                 (Xavier's POV)
I finished with the meetings. Laying on my bed staring at the ceiling. My dad has been pestering me to find a mate or someone else who would bring forth a child to continue the family's lineage. But honestly, I've found my mate but I can't get close to her. She's in the human world. I met her few days ago but she couldn't feel the bond. Being a prince ruling the kingdom with my dad. Everything feels like a burden. Even moving close to her,I felt something push me away. She seem to be covered with some kind of magic. I can't really say for sure. I just have an assumption. I've lost track of her, her smell, everything.