chapter 17

The full moon's drawing near, I don't know what to do. The lady Alice appeared again but this time with a mirror.
"Queen Alice," I smiled at her. She hugged me. "Oh dear, you know how I waited for this night."
"I have a question?" Alice smiled at me.
"What about?"
"My mate."
"What do you wanna know?"
"Why can't I feel him around," she touched my hands.
"You do feel him but you always want to run away from him, dear he's hurting badly."
"I know, what can I do to help?" I pouted playing with my hands.
"Try fighting against the powers."
"But how do I do that? I can't seem to get control over myself when it's triggered. It's always so painful."
"Take your stand, have a positive mindset and it will help." I closed my eyes.
"Do you know what the powers want?"
"I heard from the queen of the black crescent, the orb is not happy it was stolen so it wants to take revenge and that's terrible," she shook her head rubbing my temples.
"Can't any other thing work out?"
"Do you want to be stabbed?" She asked staring intently into my eyes. Why will I want that? "Queen Alice, I really need your help. What if ataxia takes over what will I do about that?"she sighed.
"Princess am still trying to figure that out," she looked at me for a while. I was lost in thoughts. I felt tears drop, I cleaned it quickly, it's okay to cry dear,"
I bit my lips to hold my sobs. I don't want her seeing me that way. " do you wanna see how he feels?" I nodded.

       She mumbled words to her self raising her hand in the air then suddenly images started appearing on the mirror. I watched how he felt when he lost me thrice. I was broken, all I wanted to do was to run to him and give him a hug but I can't reach him. I broke down on her laps, I wept my heart out. I feel pity for him I couldn't watch anymore, I pushed the mirror to her holding her tight. "It's okay dear, everything's gonna be alright," I looked up.

"I told my brother, I was a werewolf. I met my wolf parents today and now this revelation, how am I going to live  when someone's hurting because of me. How do I tell him that he has effect on me too. He makes me think of him nearly everyday. I have dreams of being with him but it can't come true." I wept.
    "Queen Alice?" She hummed smoothing my hair.
"Can you do me a favor?"
"Yes darling,"
"Tell him I'm sorry and I care. Tell him about me especially my name. I didn't complete it then,"
"I will, goodbye till we meet."

                        (Xavier's POV)
     I haven't been myself since the Queen told me what Dawn said. "I know she cares," I thought to myself. I lazily walked to the kitchen making breakfast. I don't know what to do about my life anymore. The day of my coronation is the day after the full moon and something feels wrong but I can't get it straight. I have a feeling Dawn would be in trouble. The door flung open to reveal a sleepy Dylan strolling towards the fridge. I stared at him wondering if he noticed my presence.
"Dylan?" He waved at me.
"Goodmorning bro,sorry didn't see you there."
"I know, I noticed already,"I stood straight.
"I'm leaving to the office. I've got an appointment with Brandon today."
"For what?"
"To provide supplies to the kingdom."
"What do they do?"
"They are into......I don't know, dad said I should stand in for him. I have to get dressed." He saluted leaving me with a can of coke. I shook my head leaving to my room,I pulled out a red tuxedo with a black turtleneck shirt. I freshened up and dressed up.
       I drove to JR. corporation. I walked into the company, I was greeted by the receptionist. I was escorted to the top floor where I came across a lady.
"Dawn?" I said, she turned around. "You?" She's not running away now am glad. She bit her lips, we heard footsteps coming behind.
"Please Mr.Hills, Mr. Brandon's office is this way," she led me to the office. I noticed she wasn't smiling, she seems to be in pain. I was hurt inside.
    "Is she hurting because of me?"
I didn't pay heed to the meeting at all. I kept staring at her, sometimes we shared eye contacts then I heard Brandon say let's move to the conference room.
      We settled down, Brandon asked me a question.
"As earlier stated in the proposal, I'm here on behalf of my dad. We need your help in the project we started in the community to provide for the less privilege. The documents here states everything required." I pushed the documents forward Brandon handed it to her. Her facial expressions changed quickly. Most at times, she seems to be battling with something cause her face squeezed in pain.
I didn't want to bother her yet. Brandon continued with the meeting but I didn't pay heed anymore. My mind was in awe. My hands rested on the table. I kept tapping my fingers out of impatience. When the meeting was over, I stayed behind so I could talk to her.

"Dawn," I stood at a distance,she didn't look at me. I moved closer touching her shoulder,she turned around quickly. "Please stay away it's hurting." She hurried off. I stood there unsure of what to do, she had watery eyes, she's been holding back the pain but why?
Now my question is why can't she feel the bond?