chapter 7

Elsa sat down on the bed with her face in between her hands. She was so sad. She didn't know what to do. He was right tho, she concluded she was dead. She had no choice but to support the council since the result has always been the same. She felt deeply hurt by his words. She acknowledged that she didn't care about the search anymore since then years ago when she wasn't found.
           Ace walked down the stairs fuming, Derrick stood at the end of the stairs watching Ace.

    "Dad,you had a fight with mum again?" Derrick raised a brow but Ace looked away. "It's nothing son, she just don't understand the situation on ground." Derrick shook his head. Ace crossed a hand over his shoulder as they walked to the dinning room. "I wanted to call you both but seems you're here, mum will be coming," Yvonne said. Ace smiled at his daughter. "She'll be here soon."
       Meanwhile upstairs, Elsa walked out of the bathroom with a damp hair and washed face. She cleaned her face, dried her hair before heading out of the room. She didn't move down yet. She admired her family from upstairs. Derrick, Yvonne, Riley but she's not there. The table of six became a table of five. Ace looked happy talking to his children. He was fed by Riley, the third child before the missing daughter of which she refuses to say her name for it brings back bad memories she's been trying to forget for long.
   Unfortunately, Riley looked up....
"Mum, are you gonna join us or watch us?" Elsa smiled. "Oh dear, I'm coming." She walked down the stairs carefully. Riley dragged her to sit by Ace. Ace didn't glance at her since she appear, he ate silently.
"Oh mum, I really do miss baby sis." Riley sulked. Derrick ruffled her hair. Riley slapped his hand off. "Am not a baby, Derrick." They all laughed at her expression, she smiled. Riley felt happy she put a smile on their faces.
"I pray we'll meet Aisling in our next life." Yvonne smacked Riley's head for spouting nonsense. "Aisling..." Elsa said her name finally. Her name sounded bitter on her tongue.

         Derrick watched the awkward silence between his parents. He couldn't intervene in their lives anymore. He just came home for family dinner.
"Derrick, I've got a task assigned to you." Ace said wiping his mouth with the napkin. He looked at his dad resting his back on the seat.
"Am all ears father"
"Find Aisling."
Derrick frowned, Riley and Elsa choked on their juice.
"Find who?" Both chorused.
"Find Aisling. She's in the main city."
"That will be possible on the day of full moon."
Ace stood up. "I know and that's why I said it, you too Yvonne. I trust you guys." Riley frowned, "what about me?" Ace smiled. "It's dangerous. You still have your studies darling and I want you to stay with me." Ace spread his arms wide. "Come here," Riley ran into his arms. Yvonne and Derrick stood up to peck Elsa's and Riley's cheeks giving their dad a bear hug.
"Bye dad," she said
"Bye guys,"he added.
With that the two kids left their parent's home. Riley left for her room leaving Elsa and Ace together. He didn't want to say a word to her but just left. Elsa trailed behind him shutting the door. "Hun," he didn't glance at her but backed her. "Ace please....I'm sorry. I know I've been a bad mom but I was lost. I didn't know where to take my stand anymore. I lost hope of ever finding Aisling. I....I...I.." her voice cracked, tears poured out like a river. Ace hugged her.
The door flung open with his beta breathing heavily "Alpha...Alpha...trouble."

                    (Dawn's POV)
"Oh my, that was superb. Oh Dawn, you're the best bff ever." Cherry fangirled. I smiled at her. They both made my day. We did a lot of shopping when I mean a lot of shopping....a lot. Isabella went to drop the bags at the boot of the car as we got in.
         Isabella sat at the back but in between I and Cherry. I started the engine. Cherry checked the time '7:00pm.'
       "That was long" Cherry voiced out. Isabella tapped my shoulder. "What happened, why didn't you call?" Not this question. Should I tell them the truth or God I'm so tied down.
"I forgot. I'm sorry," I lied. Cherry raised a brow.
"Like seriously Dawn!" I wasn't liking her tone of voice at all.
"Girls, I'm sorry." Isabella sat back. "I can't believe it. You forgot!" She raised her voice. Looks like my lie won't solve the issue.
"Fine,I'll say," Cherry looked away,"go on."
"A day before I left California, I met this guy." Cherry smiled at me. Isa sat up, "so you got a boyfriend?" I laughed taking a turn to the next street. "I wish tho he was handsome, I couldn't get him.
"I need details," Isa nearly cried.
"Fine. I met him in the lecturer's office. He didn't say a word but just stared at me. I felt uneasy and it looked like I had goosebumps too. I tried all I could to be quick and hurry off."
Cherry was surprised, she stared at me for quite a while.
"Then I met another who gave me this feeling we've met before. He looked familiar but I couldn't picture out where." I sighed.
"Two handsome guys gone,"I added. They both laughed. "Bad luck with guys babe." I smiled. "I know," I said.
      At least I told them partially the truth, I can't disclose any further.
I came to a halt infront of Isabella's home, we bid goodbyes and now am stuck with Cherry.
"Dawn,are you sure you got no issues?" She asked like the caring mother she is. I stared ahead. "I am," she looked ahead.
         Finally, they are all gone. I am free. Cherry nearly hit the spot and luckily I shut her off.