chapter 5

"Dawn! Dawn!!" Naomi's voice could be heard from downstairs. "It's dinner time." My stomach grumbled. I'm really starving. "I'll be down in a sec." I changed into my pjays running downstairs. The aroma of the  food dragged me to my seat. Max wasn't home yet. He went out with his girlfriend, I guess.
"Where's Max?" Naomi asked. Mum ruffled her hair. "Max won't be home yet darling. You don't have to wait for him." she sulked. She looks cute,"don't worry darling, we'll take a stroll." Her face lit up like a lightbulb, I had no choice but to shake my head. That's Naomi for you. "Dad did you leave Max in the office?"Naomi asked. Dad stuffed his mouth with food, we watched him munch on it slowly before he replied. "He left earlier," I sighed. "Oh Max," mum muttered. My phone dinged. It was a message from Isabella and then another from Cherry,both read:

      Oh God,Dawn you're back . Let's meet up.

I smiled . I feel guilty not calling them to tell them but I had my reasons. I texted back.

      Tomorrow by 4pm. Genesis' Mall.

I put down my phone. The door opened to reveal Max.
   "Hey mum, hey dad," he walked to the table pecking Naomi's cheek and then mine. I held his hand.
'Where were you pumpkin?'
'Out with my friends, do you have a problem with that?'
'No. JSYK,you're taking Naomi on a stroll."
'No problem.' He rubbed his hands together licking his lips. Mum served him.
      I ate silently then I took my plate to the kitchen, washed them. I got this uneasy feeling. I told mum, I will be on a stroll alone and she agreed. I hurried off walking out of the gate. I breathe in the air, 'Oh my' I exclaimed. We live in an estate, so I went forward, far from the mansion coming across a plantation, I decided to rest. I spotted a bench heading towards it. I pulled out my phone. I got a text from Cherry.
Am really mad at you Dawn

I smiled. I know why by the way it's my fault so I replied.

                       I'm really sorry. I'll try to
                       make it up to you.

Treat me to dinner
tomorrow.

I laughed. Cherry loves food. Oh God I'll go bankrupt tomorrow cause those girls are surely gonna eat my purse up.

                                                     Sure

I heard some noises coming from behind. I brushed it off. 'It's just a silly sound, Dawn.Be calm!!" I kept muttering to myself.
       I continued with my chat hoping for the area to be silent but I heard it again but this time louder and as if people were screaming. I couldn't control myself any longer. I stood up walking towards a tree where my creature self kick in. I transformed fully into a wolf after trying for 4 years. I got on my paws running into the bush. It seemed endless, I stopped sniffing around me for danger when I heard a scream coming from my right. I ran into that area, I saw a rogue and a big wolf pursuing it. I remained on a low key slowly walking towards the area it seemed the rogue will turn to.
I caught it and the wolf bumped into me. We fell. It's fur was white and had some streaks of grey on it. It was a beautiful but I couldn't admire it longer when something pushed me back. I landed near a tree. I groaned.
'What just happened?' I kept asking myself.

                 (Xavier's POV)
      I was so happy when I perceived her presence again. 'She's here.' my wolf was happy. We ran faster pursuing the rogue but then I spotted her walking slowly towards the left.'shit,' I cursed when I bumped into her.
"Hey,thank..." I couldn't control myself when a blue spark ignited from her moon mark then she was no way there. I fell tumbling when something seperated us. It's just like the day in the lecturer's office when I first saw her. I couldn't come close cause she took multiple steps backward. I doubt she was aware of her movement.
        I need to find her, I walked around the area spotting a wolf near a tree growling in pain. I strode towards her but she looked pale. I stood at a distance. "Hey, thank you." I spoke in her mind. She lifted up her face blinking. I wonder what's wrong, she tried to move when I came closer. She seemed to be in pain. She raised her paw gesturing me to stop. I did as I was told. It looks like she wasn't ready to say anything.
"I'm Xavier." I said she just nodded. "Is she dumb? C'mon she should say something."
"Smith....."her voice trailed off.
'Smith'such a weird name to be a girl's. It looks like that's her surname. "Smith what?"she got up growling then suddenly she ran off.
       I stared at her retreating figure when Eamon stood by my side.
"Who was that?" I was transfixed. I lost her again, the third time.
"My mate. She's a smith." I managed to say. Eamon shifted back to a human so did I. Dad's Beta got me my clothes. "Happy for you. You've found her." I turned to face him sighing in frustration.
  "I already did but I can't get close to her. She seems to be in pain or troubled or something. I just don't get it anymore Eamon."
"Then it's obvious she isn't feeling the bond."