chapter 4

I got to my car, Naomi hopped in."yeah!! I'm so happy you're taking me to school." I touched her cheeks.
"Same here darling," we drove silently to her school. I dropped her off heading to a boutique.
Max has really made me poor in that. I couldn't find my dresses except they ones in Naomi's room. I walked into the boutique heading towards the female section.
I glanced at the dresses there finding few that I actually liked. Trying to hold the clothes moving towards the shoe rack. I accidentally went to the Male's section.  Anyway since am here, I'll get some for Max. A guy dressed in black tuxedos walked around glancing at the shoes. He looked familiar. I had this uneasy feeling.  I felt something pull me back. I was confused.
'What's going on? I don't get it anymore. I had these trouble feeling when I met that guy at the lecturer's office'. I stood upright for  a while. I forgot Max's size. I pulled out my phone scrolling through his text,there it was '15.'

         'Excuse me sir,'he looked at me but he frowned. 'Didn't he hear me?'I asked myself. 'Is he deaf?' 'Hmm...can you please show me where size 15 of shoes are?'He furrowed his brows. I won't deny the fact he looked dashing in his tuxedos. His black hair curled to the back, he had blue eyes just like me. "Sorry I spaced out. It's right where I am." He replied. Finally, he stopped staring. I wanted to run away,he made me feel uneasy. What is wrong with me? I found what I was looking for hurrying off not sparing him a glance. I went to the counter,paid my bills and left.

         Finally I could breathe,that was a race. C'mon who runs away from guys 'you Dawn you!!' I muttered under my breathe. I slammed the brakes zooming off.

                 (Xavier's POV)

       I walked past her.Honestly, I fought the urge to confront her. When she spoke to me at first,I couldn't hear her. I was in my own world wondering why my mate won't feel the bond. It was written on her face,she was confused when I frowned. She had ocean blue eyes yet transparent. I couldn't find the words to say settling with
'Sorry I spaced out. It's right where I am.' 'But why is she buying male shoes?' I watched her hurry off. She looked like she wanted to run away from someone.
         I paid my bills heading outside, she was already gone. 'I've lost her for the second time now.' I got a call from dad.
'Xavier!'
'Yeah?' He should just let me be.
'Come home now '
'Why?'
'It's urgent. Some rogues just attacked the people.'
'Fine,I'm coming.'
No,not my people. I hastened my steps to my car,I drove out. I got a call from Dylan. I connected it to my earpods. "Dylan,what's wrong?" I asked taking a sharp bend. "Rogues"
"Again. I didn't believe dad when he said it." I sighed, "you have to,"I hung up. I slammed the brakes breaking my speed limit. Not my people, last time this happened the black moons came to our rescue. We can't let that happen again, we can do this on our  own. I arrived home running towards dad's study room.
         When I got in,the council was already seated I guess waiting for me. I sat beside the Luna obviously my mum. She leaned in, "honey,a lot of children are missing." I tensed up. "How many?"
I asked her. "Eight,honey"
"Xavier, the total of 8 children are missing and we need you to be on the look out." I sighed "I need to conduct a search party. I will be happy to help if I get the pictures of these kids."
Dad's beta threw the pictures on the table. "We need to find them before three days, prince." I closed my eyes. It's gonna be a long journey.
"Bro,I wish you luck." Dylan spoke in my mind. I raised my head meeting his eyes. I muttered a 'thank you.' The meeting continued but I wasn't paying attention. Two council members offered to come along so did Eamon. I was so grateful to them. "Xavier you'll stay behind." I pressed my lips together. Oh God what does he want to say at this point.
                            * * *
  I followed dad to the living room. "Have a seat." I did. Mum sat opposite me so did Dad. "I know you're curious of why I called you here." I nodded. It's obvious already I need to be somewhere.
'yes dad. I am.'
'Son, I can't be the ruler forever at some point, this big wolf needs to step down and you know you can't rule if you don't have a luna." I face palmed. Again with this,
"Dad I understand but you have to understand me here. It's not that I don't want to have a mate. I do, I really do. Dad, I've found her."
        Dad's face lit up. Only if he knew what am going through. "Then bring her home."
"I can't," I sighed
"why?"dad asked.
"Because I can't."
"What do you mean?"
"I can't get close to her. I felt the bond but she didn't. I saw her today alright before you called, she was uncomfortable around me. I don't know."
Mum frowned, dad stared ahead. What does he know that I don't. 'Did you talk to her?"mum asked this time.
'I did'
"For how long "
"Not long enough to know her name"
"How's she?"
"She's a beauty mum" I smiled to myself.