chapter 16

I stayed on my bed still staring outside the window. I checked the time '3pm' one more hour to go and Max isn't here yet. He didn't come back. We ate lunch but I couldn't look into his eyes. Naomi ran in.
"Dawn, Max said he'll be up here soon. He was busy." She touched my legs.
"Are you crying?" I cleaned my tears forcing a smile at her, she wasn't buying it.
"Is it Max?" I nodded.
"Max!!" She screamed his name. "I'm here alright." Max said.
"Naomi,what's wrong?"
"You made Dawn cry now fix it," she stormed off. Max walked closer to me with his hands in his back pocket and his head hung low.
"I'm sorry, I acted like a jerk earlier."
"I understand, you were scared. It wasn't your fault." He looked up with a playful smirk lazed on the corner of his lips, he jumped on me, "that was awesome sis," he sat up.
"I can't believe you hid these. Does dad know?" I nodded, "since the first day I was adopted."
"C'mon I know you were adopted but I'll still treat you as my twin no matter what. You just have to be careful so you won't get caught by another okay." I smiled genuinely.
"I love you bro,"
"I love you so much sis even if you are a werewolf, a beautiful one," I blushed. He stood up planting a kiss on my cheeks.
"I need to hurry,dad needs me."
"Bye"
"Bye!!"
                           * * * *
   I drove to the address Yvonne sent me. This place is far from the city what does she want me here for. I was dressed in a russet floral palazzo with a black off shoulder top. I decided on wearing a black clogs to go with my dress. My hair was packed into a chignon with the help of Naomi. I went with a love pendant and silver dangling earrings. Oh okay, I added a little makeup, I need to look good. I pulled out my phone from my black purse placing a call to Yvonne who didn't pick but I was greeted by a black Lexus 330 stopping infront of me. I turned back to look at my red riveria, I drove here,it couldn't compare. I saw a slender leg coming out of the car then Yvonne waved. She got her shades off smiling at me.
"I'm sorry, I went out. Am I too late?" I checked my phone, '4:12'
"Not bad," I said walking up to her. We strode to the guard bowing then another, then another. I looked around, the mansion is huge, 6 cars packed at the garage. This guys are rich. I had to be coded so I trailed behind her. I admired her fine legs,  she wore a short wine colored gown that stopped a little above her knee. She rocked pencil heels. She handed her bag to a maid and another opened the door for us. I stepped in.

    "HOME," it screamed in my head.
I was marvelled, I saw a picture of me when I was nine, another on my ten birthday. Also a picture of me and Riley hugging each other. I walked to the picture of six but this time it was us as humans. I stopped infront of it. I couldn't control myself, I trailed Riley's figure and dad's.
"Yvonne, why didn't you say you were coming home early." I spun around at the sound of that voice. That voice, it should be Riley's.
"Riley," I said softly,she turned to me.
"Hey, Yvonne dear whose this?"
"Oh sorry, this is Dawn Smith and Dawn meet Riley Bryan."
"Hi Riley,"
"Hey Dawn," she flashed a smile at me. I stared at the two batter for a while not realizing when someone worked up to me.

"She has the mark." The woman yelled, she pulled me into a hug.
"Aisling, is it really you?" I saw two man hurrying down the stairs.
"Is it really her?" The man asked. I looked to him, there he was.
"Dad," I said breaking down. I ran into his embrace. "I missed you a lot," I said to him. He held me to himself, I saw a tear drop from his eyes.
"Oh God, mum,Yvonne, Derrick, Riley, I missed you all." Yvonne strode to me. "Same here but c'mon why did you act like you didn't know me at cafe."
"I wasn't sure okay, I realised it today, when you called me Aisling over the phone, I confirmed it."
I saw mum cry,"so it's really you?" I smiled. I had to hug my big bro and Riley. Riley turned me around. "Do you know how depressed I was?" I shook my head. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to hurt you all," I wiped Riley's tears. Derrick threw his hands around me. "Please stay for dinner," mum pleaded. "I have to call my dad," just then I realised what I said covering my mouth. Dad crackled," I understand I can share the name," he winked at me. I got my phone placing a call to dad.
      "Good evening dad, I'm really sorry. I know you're busy," " please put it through speaker," Riley whispered and I did.
"Yes darling, am really busy, should I put it to Max or you wanna talk to me?"
"Well I wanna ask for a favor?"
"And what's that dear?" We heard Max's voice from the call. "Lazy pumpkin, come help me out, it's toxic in here sis." I giggled.
"Oh sure pumpkin, I will."
"I hope you're not gonna ask me to let him go." "Well dad....you see...yes,I want to." I heard dad sigh. "I know that's not all, is anything the matter darling?" His voice was full of concern. "Well dad, I wanted to stay over for dinner at a friend's place." Mum raised her brow, "friend?"
"Dawn who?"
"Well, I met this girl Yvonne at the cafe," Cherry introduced her to me and we became friends."
"Dawn, you know I don't like when you're with strangers."
"I know I swear she isn't a stranger."
"Do tell me who she is when you get home. I'll let mum know okay. Take care of yourself princess."
"I love you dad,"
"I love you too my wild wolf." I hung up. "Wolf?" Alpha Ace asked, "does he know?" Mum added. "Yes he does and Max do too."
"How do they feel about it?"
"Scared but they got used to it."
"Your dad's so cool," Riley smiled at me. "I know, he's been my closest friend."