chapter 20

Oh my goodness, we have come to the end of the book. I'm so grateful for all your support guys. I love you all. I really wanna say a big thank you, without your encouragements this book won't go this far especially jchara. Thank you all.
-------------------------------------------------------------
(Xavier's POV)
It's been a week since the war, her parents have been looking for her. She's been asleep since then,everytime I go to see her, I pray she wakes up. I got into my car heading to the palace.
I stayed down with Derrick while Riley went up. "She's awake," Derrick said, "really, when did that happen?" "Few hours ago." " thank goddess and tomorrow's a big day too." "Congratulations."

(Dawn's POV)
I looked at the kingdom, I saw buildings being constructed, roads being rebuilt, I felt bad.
"I caused all this."
"No dear, you didn't it's that power,"
"But I killed my people," I began to breakdown. Mum held me close. I couldn't look outside anymore. I caused all this, my people are dead. I killed my people, I can't believe this. I hurt my dad pretty bad. What about my family over there? How are they? Oh my, I need to meet them and let them know I'm okay but I can't leave here. Just then interrupting my thoughts, I perceive his presence, he's here. I looked at her surprised.

"Mum, I can finally feel it,he's here" I pushed mum aside running downstairs. I had a short flare gown on, I ran down without flip flops. Xavier didn't notice me coming, he stood up talking to Yvonne. She said something that made him laugh. I ran into him,he held his hands in the air. "Oh my," he said. "Looks like someone missed me," he said stroking my hair then he held my waist. "I'm so sorry," I said to him hiding my face on his shirt. "Look at me," and I did.
He held my chin then slowly leaned in to kiss me. I was shocked. "I've been waiting to do this since I met you," I smiled. "I'm sorry, I couldn't return the feelings," he chuckled, "it wasn't your fault, sweet face."
"Sweet face!!" Such a nice name.
Riley packed my things for me. "So you returning home with me right?" He asked and I nodded smiling sheepishly.

                                   * * * *
I woke up to the sound of music, walking downstairs dressed in a big tshirt, I got in the kitchen stood behind him watching him cook and sing. His voice is nice. He snapped his fingers to the rhythm of the song. I stifled my laughter so I won't be caught. He turned around to grab a plate when he got startled at my appearance, his hands flew to his chest. I remembered the previous day, his coronation and my appointment of being the Luna of his pack. He stepped infront of me placing his hands on my shoulders tilting my neck to view. He ran his finger along the mark on my neck looking at me, I flashed a smile at him reassuring him that I'm fine. He leaned in to trail kisses along it.

"I wish to see my parents darling," he stopped midway turning to look at her.
"The Bryans?"
I shook my head looking at the floor.  Xavier fiddled with my hair for  a while before giving me the response I  needed.
"You can but I'll send some guards with you," my lips curled into a smile. I hugged him. "Since you're the Alpha why aren't we living at the pack house? Who's in control?" Xavier stepped aside turning off the cooker. He didn't answer me for a while earning a frown from me. Why isn't he saying anything?
"Xavier?" He turned folding his hands raising a brow at me.
"Luna, you worry too much. I asked dad to stand in for me for now until I'm back." I wasn't in support of this.
"Why? C'mon the people needs you, they need us. You can't just decide to leave them for a few weeks when you're the Alpha. Where is this done?"
Xavier's gaze hardened. He looks annoyed, his hard gaze didn't go unnoticed by me. He pushed pass me to the dinning room with his food.
I strode inside, he avoided my eyes. I need a good explanation for this.
"Xavier?" He took a quick glance at me resuming his meal.
"Are you gonna keep ignoring me and not giving me a good explanation?"
"Isn't it obvious? I just wanted to spend time with you until you decide to visit your family there before I take you home," I just stared at him. It wasn't obvious.
I sat down opposite him, I felt bad for trying to pick a fight over nothing.
"I'm sorry," he didn't say a word. He just kept on eating. I couldn't take the silence anymore, I left. Inside the room, I felt his absence. He pulled me into a hug,"I'm sorry too."

After a week, we went visiting the Smith's. My both parents talked and my dad,the Alpha explained everything to him. I got married legally to Xavier for Gilbert's sake. Now we're in the pack house. Xavier's been busy with the affairs of the pack that we don't spend time often.
I was in our bedroom engrossed in my phone silently stealing glances at him on his laptop. He didn't eat anything since he got back from a meeting. A guard got in informing him about something, he turned and winked at me grabbing his phone and left. I felt disappointed, Max was busy, Naomi's in school. Riley and Yvonne has been quite busy lately. My brother's been on training. I dropped my phone pulling the duvet over my head. I decided to wait until he's back.
An hour later, Xavier got into the room. Shutting his laptop down, he changed and joined me on the bed. I felt his stares from behind me. He moved closer,slipping his arm around my waist. He landed a peck on my hair.
"I'm sorry," he apologized. I wanted to ask him what for but I kept mute.
"I know you're not sleeping Aisling, I'm sorry. I've been caught up with work and all that. I'll try to make time for you." What a smart ass he is. I rolled over to face him, his smile widened. "It's fine, you're back early," he chuckled tapping my nose. "I know. You look beautiful." I smiled.
"It's dark, how do you see?" He just laughed at me. I smiled,been a while since we talked.
"Never mind, it's my secret to keep."
He flipped me and now I was beneath him. I blushed when I realized where he was staring at. He laughed at my cuteness.
"I love you princess," I sighed. "It's Luna, Alpha," he nodded. "You're still my princess." My hands wrapped around his neck,"I love you too Alpha."
He leaned down taking me by surprise with a deep kiss.
I love him a lot.

                         THE END...