chapter three

The door flung open. Mother walked in," Xavier, what's the matter with you?" I frowned,what does she want this time? I asked myself. " mum!!" "I need a grandchild." I sat up,seriously this is why she barged into my room spurting nonsense. " mum, it's okay. I'll think about it. Can you please stop disturbing me cause it's unbearable." Mum widened her eyes." I will keep saying it. Consider what your dad said." " Oh to hell with that mum!!" She stared at me. She narrowed  her gaze at me." You're kidding me here,did you just raise your voice at me?" I closed my eyes, slid off the bed pacing around. " Xavier, Xavier!" She walked out. " I can get married at 40 if I want to mum and there's nothing you're gonna do about it " I yelled after her.
       Honestly, I don't get it. Why do I have to be the one in this situation.  What about Eamon and Dylan? Eamon can be a good candidate for that not me. I need to concentrate on what's on my plate.  I barged into the living room where dad sat with mum obviously talking about me.
    "Dad,can I move out? No!!I mean I'm moving out." Dad raised a brow, "because of us?" I rolled my eyes. " obviously!" Dad stood up heading towards the door, " do what you like but anyday I want you home,you're coming. " I smirked." I will" he left. Mum got up walking towards me, "are you stupid?" I creased my forehead. " mum!!" She pressed her lips together, "you're gonna hear from me." She walked out. "Oh mum,I'll come see you alright." " you better will."she went upstairs.  I smiled. At least I already have an apartment I go to when am angry. I went up to my room packing some clothes in my bag. The maids got it to my car. Dylan stood by the door. " bro, where to ?" "Oh, I'm moving out" he frowned. "Why?" " because your parents won't let me be with finding my mate." Dylan chuckled, "happy am not the first child." I sighed, " lucky you. You know the apartment already, you could drop in." Dylan smiled. "Yeah I will. Goodluck finding your mate." I forced a smile out. Enough with this mate thing. It frustrates me especially now I've found her but can't get close to her.' Oh goddess, why me? I prayed silently. I hopped into my car zooming off.

                     (Dawn's POV)
      I need space. I went outside the mansion, I need to breathe. I heard the door open, I sat on the front porch, dad joined me.
    "Darling, how are you?" I glanced at him still staring out of space. " I'm confused. "He looked ahead. " dad?" " yes?" "do you hate me?" He averted his gaze to me. " why asking?" I sighed. "Because am not human." " I love you no matter what." He hugged me. I love him a lot. He's the only one I could trust for now.  Now Max knows but not the whole truth. A little of it is okay for him. I don't want anyone else finding out. He stood up stretching, he held a hand to me, I took it. Dad helped me up,we talked while we strolled around before getting inside.
                        * * *
"Goodmorning mum" I got to the kitchen. Mum sat on the stool engrossed in her phone. I stood in front of her," what are we having for breakfast?" " pancakes and maple syrup darling."
She looked up touching my face. "I'm sorry about yesterday. " I smiled. " I understand," I pulled her from the stool,she nearly fell." Dawn!!" " let's make breakfast"
She shook her head dropping her phone. "Fine." " yeah."I danced around moving her around with me.  I finally let go."mum you're the best you know. I love you a lot but am so tired and..."
"You don't wanna make breakfast right?"she raised a brow at me. Oh gosh!!she caught me. I nodded,"silly girl,"she muttered. " mum" I pouted. She walked to the cupboard getting the flour from it's container. I watched her pour it into a  bowl." Please mum,I'm sorry. I know you'll be mad." She stopped taking a look at me. " Dawn,I'm not letting you out of here."I sighed. Who can win an argument with mum? No one apart from dad I guess. I just have to join after all what can it take out of me.

        "Good lord,it smells like heaven in here." Max sniffed the air coming towards the gas cooker. I shook my head as soon as he touched the pancakes on the plate,mum slapped his hands. "Stupid child." He widened his eyes. "Jeez mum,it's just a piece." She poured maple syrup around it. I can tell you Max was drooling. I flipped the pancakes in the pan putting off the fire. I turned around. "Breakfast is ready people." Max rubbed his hands together. " c'mon Max,help me out here and you better behave yourself. Any missing pancakes, you'll be held responsible."I bet he rolled his eyes, "whatever".
You could lure Max with food. Anywhere food is, Max is surely present.
"Dad,breakfast is ready."I yelled, dad was dressed in a black tuxedos. "Freda,come help with this. Looks like I can't do this alone anymore."
Naomi walked down beside him. "Goodmorning mum." Freda went up to her husband helping with his cufflinks.  Freda is my mum's name and Gilbert is my dad's. Dad's PA walked in,"Mr. Smith,you've got a meeting by 9.30." He looked at his watch. "Thanks Ralph." So my name is Dawn Smith, "Ralph, do join us for breakfast." Mum suggested. "Thanks but...," Mum abruptly cut in. "I insist," he raised his shoulders. "I guess I have to." He walked up to the dinning table and took a seat beside me. We all took our seats and said the prayer. Dad didn't eat much so did Ralph. "Max, see you in the office before 9," Max grumbled. "I will be there,"he slowly muttered and they left. "I hate  this life." Max sneered.